Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Google Voice still exist?

Options
  • 17-06-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I had two Google Voice numbers, both using NY prefixes, which were working quite well after I moved from US back to Ireland a little over a year ago. Then it became more difficult to access them in Google but I thought they were still working until today when I tried to have an SMS sent to me, but try as I might I can't see how to access SMS messages anymore.

Has anyone else used Google Voice recently?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yeah It's still available, although only Phone -> PC calls are permitted in the USA & Canada. No changes as far as I can recall.

You would have trouble accessing it outside the USA/Canada due to IP location being in Ireland.

However, The Google Hangout service is available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah It's still available, although only Phone -> PC calls are permitted in the USA & Canada. No changes as far as I can recall.

You would have trouble accessing it outside the USA/Canada due to IP location being in Ireland.

However, The Google Hangout service is available in Ireland.
    I had been using it to make phone calls from my PC, there used to be a call button visible.

... aha! the call button is still there, it was at the bottom left of my gmail page. Just used it now to call one of my GV numbers from the other one. Relieved to see that I can still access those.

Now just need to find out where the text messages are stored. There used to be a call history window somewhere, I think there used to be a Voice tab.

Advertisement