Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know by looking at this pic whats wrong with my camera?

• 17-06-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

its a finepix s2980. have never had problems with it until i looked at these pics of the moon...dont understand what the line down the middle is, its only the night time pics that have it

DSCF4201_zpsl52la06e.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

i've assumed it was lamp post in the flood. :)

Could be that DR is just too much for your camera and you are getting this as result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i've assumed it was lamp post in the flood. :)

Could be that DR is just too much for your camera and you are getting this as result.

Thanks...I have taken lots of moon pictures in the past though that turned out ok. I thought maybe this was something that happens to this camera make or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

You could try taking a similar picture in portrait and landscape and see if the black bar moves. This would prove it is dynamic range of the sensor because the shutter on a SLR is a slit travelling across the sensor.

Advertisement