Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead links.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The old skins that we said we stopped supporting 2 years ago? Sorry, no, they're not getting any more work and will be finally gone forever when the new site rolls out in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can ye not just redirect, changing from 642 to 18 wouldn't take much work.

Yes it would actually :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Where are those dead links coming from Rasta? Are they in your list of subscribed forums and you can't remove them as the forum no longer exists? Not anything I can do for you obviously, just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dav wrote: »
    they're not getting any more work and will be finally gone forever when the new site rolls out in a few months.

:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

5starpool wrote: »
    Where are those dead links coming from Rasta? Are they in your list of subscribed forums and you can't remove them as the forum no longer exists? Not anything I can do for you obviously, just curious.

They're Films, TV and one I can't identify, and they're the links still in the drop down menus on the superior old skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sorry, no, they're not getting any more work and will be finally gone forever when the new site rolls out in a few months.
    I beg you, don't do this to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The old skins that we said we stopped supporting 2 years ago? Sorry, no, they're not getting any more work and will be finally gone forever when the new site rolls out in a few months.

I suppose I don't understand the eagerness to disable skins a percentage of your userbase prefer to use? I understand not supporting them, but the urge to make them 'gone forever' seems uselessly adversarial.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Spear wrote: »
    They're Films, TV and one I can't identify, and they're the links still in the drop down menus on the superior old skin.

I believe the other is Go Ahead Eagles?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I suppose I don't understand the eagerness to disable skins a percentage of your userbase prefer to use? I understand not supporting them, but the urge to make them 'gone forever' seems uselessly adversarial.

That's because they're already causing these sorts of problems (no new forums that have been created in the last 18 months, maybe more are on them) and they will be 100% incompatible with the new site.

The current menu is 100% incompatible with the new site too by the way, so it's all changing and there won't be any of these optional skins when it goes live (there will be a dark theme like the old Cloud theme as we currently have). We will, in the future, be hoping to add a level of customisation or at least to offer alternatives, but the priorities for this year will be getting the new site out and settled.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Spear wrote: »

I still use the superior old skin too! I just have the new TV link in the my forums list and removed the old one I think, and don't really visit films.

I'm sad that I'll be forced to use the new skin too soon, but I guess the old stuck in the mud fogies that we are will have to get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My browser (Opera 12.17) simply won't format new board, that's why I hate it (that and the space wasting design and its sheer whiteness)

Advertisement