Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greece next week, June 2015

Options
  • 17-06-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'm heading to the Greek Islands next week and am wondering should I be taking precautions with regards to the economic situation over there at the minute and the increasing likelihood of a Greek default and exit from the Euro. Some people are advising me to carry lots of cash as people are taking out their savings over there and obviously this could impact on the availability of cash at ATMs. Also, businesses may be less likely to take credit/debit cards etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I would bring enough cash to last you your whole trip, it's getting to the end game with the negotiations. Worst case would be you couldn't withdraw any money from an ATM at all and some businesses might not accepts credit/debit cards as they would be unsure if they banks could pay them and in what currency that would be.

Advertisement