Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any ideas what this could be?

• 17-06-2015 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

Shortly after I got back from a walk with my dog (10 year old Samoyed) I noticed his legs were shaking a good bit.
    I didn't see it but my Dad said he peed a little bit in the living room, which he never ever does.
    He always drinks plenty of water after the walk and dribbles it everywhere but there seemed to be more drool than usual.
    He's not shaking near as much when he lies down and he still has an appetite and is moving about, he hasn't got sick or anything.

My initial thought was poisoning from eating some dodgy grass on the walk maybe, but I don't know if I'm overreacting or not, he seems to be coming around already, any advice would be appreciated though!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I'd say it would be worth going to the vet. Could be early signs of something (especially in a 10 year old dog) and I think the best thing to do would be to try and catch it early so it could be dealt with if it's the beginning stages of something more serious.

I don't mean to scare you by saying that, but when it comes to health I'd much rather say it COULD be something bad than nothing to worry about!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Elaine_S wrote: »
    Hi,

Shortly after I got back from a walk with my dog (10 year old Samoyed) I noticed his legs were shaking a good bit.
    I didn't see it but my Dad said he peed a little bit in the living room, which he never ever does.
    He always drinks plenty of water after the walk and dribbles it everywhere but there seemed to be more drool than usual.
    He's not shaking near as much when he lies down and he still has an appetite and is moving about, he hasn't got sick or anything.

My initial thought was poisoning from eating some dodgy grass on the walk maybe, but I don't know if I'm overreacting or not, he seems to be coming around already, any advice would be appreciated though!

Thanks!

It could be slight heat stroke ? It's very warm out there and my cocker who clipped tight is finding it too hot and he's swimming in the sea each evening.. He's 10 too

I'd keep an eye on him.. Keep him
    Nice and cool and call ur vet tomorrow.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Elaine_S

Thanks for the advice!
    He's gone asleep now, he's not drooling anymore, slight shake in his back leg when he was standing before he went to bed.
    I'll be watching him like a hawk for the night, hopefully he'll be feeling himself in the morning, I have to call into his vets to pick up his arthritis medication tomorrow and I'll see what they have to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Good point cocker5. It's worth mentioning that you should make sure he is well brushed out, Elaine_S, as he's a double coated breed you want to make sure that his undercoat isn't compacted at all preventing air from circulating through which could cause him to overheat.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Elaine_S

Thanks VonVix, he's groomed regularly, especially in Summer, he's due another visit to his groomer in a few weeks! Hopefully he'll be back to normal by morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement