Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seasonal pitch locations?

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi guys caravan newbie here
    Anybody no good sites who do seasonal pithes and what kind of money these kind of places charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

gumpy2 wrote: »
    Hi guys caravan newbie here
    Anybody no good sites who do seasonal pithes and what kind of money these kind of places charge?
    Morriscastle used to have prices up on their website (less per week/ month, the longer you stayed/ paid).

My impression is that most touring parks will do seasonal pitches though. There always seems to be people there for the long haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

You probably need to start earlier to get the best value out of it as most sites charge from Easter - October even if you only use it for July and August. Expect to pay in the region of €1200 for the season. Ideally you should check out a few sites that you might like the first year and if there is one you would like to spend the whole summer at, book it for the second year. If it is not too far away you should get a few weekends there in May and June even if the kids are in school.

I went seasonal one year and even though we were there almost every weekend, it cost almost as much as if we had paid by night. It worked for us that year as I was able to spread my holidays over the summer and take most Fridays and some Mondays off.

Advertisement