Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Cork city centre

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi going for a day shopping in Cork, could anyone recommend a good place to get reasonable priced 2 or 3 course lunch in city centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

milly2013 wrote: »
    Hi going for a day shopping in Cork, could anyone recommend a good place to get reasonable priced 2 or 3 course lunch in city centre

The foodies post in this thread so maybe your post would get more attention there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

definately check out Scoozi's! one of my favorite places to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Loads of good recommendations in the restaurant thread for sure, some more specifics would also be helpful in the way of if you've got anything in mind, cuisine wise.

Without any more details I'd probably recommend Market Lane if you're looking for something classic like soup/sandwich or a salad, or perhaps a place like Yuan Ming Yuan for some terrific Chinese food if you swing that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'm a big fan of Idaho Cafe and Italee for lunch in the city.

Idaho is just behind Brown Thomas. The desserts are awesome.
    Menu here.
    http://idahocafe.ie/menu.pdf

Italee is on Oliver plunkett street. It's italian.. part cafe, part restaurant, part grocery shop. Run by italians, great pasta, specials etc. The best tiramisu I've ever had. Menu here.
    http://www.italee.ie/food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Idaho is lovely, however it is very small so you may or may not get a table.

Market Lane is good for lunch. It is on Oliver Plunkett street so it is near the shop.

The bar of the Clarion Hotel is good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Loads of places. The places mentioned, liberty grill, perry street market cafe, farm gate...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Map of Ireland

14A has fab food

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

House in the Opera House. Best bang for buck lunch in town IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Cafe Gusto near the corner of Washington Street & Grand Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Café in Crawford Art Gallery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Rebel1987

Wild West Wings on Washington St. - American style serving chicken, burgers, ribs etc. The food is absolutely delicious.

Advertisement