Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling bin fills quickly

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Our recycling bin gets full very quick with cans / milk cartons / plastic bottles , even though we step on some of the cans to flatten them .

I know there is a gadget out there that you can squeeze the materials down in the bin .
    Has anyone got one of these or ever seen it in use ?

I would prefer of there was a hand gadget , as it would be useful when separating the recycling / other waste .

Anyone ever us something like this to compact the bulkier items ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how quickly is quickly? does it take less than a fortnight/your green bin lift schedule to fill it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

its always over flowing by the end of 2nd week .

Sometimes I get into it to pack it down , but I know this is not a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Your best bet is to squash everything as you are putting it in otherwise if you wait till it's nearly full then the bottom half won't be compacted at all.

guil wrote: »
    Your best bet is to squash everything as you are putting it in otherwise if you wait till it's nearly full then the bottom half won't be compacted at all.

Thats exactly what I want to do , and looking for alternatives to walking on everything .

http://www.bintrasher.com/

Is this what you are looking for

• Advertisement

http://www.bintrasher.com/

Is this what you are looking for

Thats exactly what i need , wonder does anyone have one to give feedback ?

Thats exactly what i need , wonder does anyone have one to give feedback ?

Don't have one myself. just remember them from dragons den. All I heard is that a restaurant near me got the commercial one you mount to all wall and they cut the number of bins they use in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've seen plenty of houses with two green bins - ask your service provider

Advertisement