Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot towel shave

Options
  • 18-06-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, thinking of treating my fella with a voucher for a hot towel shave for Father's Day.

Any recommendations as I wouldn't have the first clue about barbers who do this!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I find Attila's at the Cleaboy great: not sure if he does vouchers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Did it before, a complete waste of money in my opinion,
    would have gotten better from a new packet of mach 3.
    Unless they are really good, I simply think it is OTT and a waste of money.

Maybe you should get some mach 3 and give it a go yourself? seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cerastes wrote: »
    Did it before, a complete waste of money in my opinion,
    would have gotten better from a new packet of mach 3.
    Unless they are really good, I simply think it is OTT and a waste of money.

Maybe you should get some mach 3 and give it a go yourself? seriously

jasus you serious? ive always thought of treating myself to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cerastes wrote: »
    yes

that kinna sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Did it once and my experience was the same as cerastes. It was a long time ago, maybe the guy was spoofing a bit, but it was enough to put me off going again. The experience itself was fine and pleasant, but the shave was dreadful. If I recall correctly, I went home after it and shaved again so it was a smooth finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Was in the Lisduggan Shopping Centre today and noticed the Barbers there are offering hot towel shaves for €20 or €25 with a haircut included (he doesn't need one of those though).

Not sure whether to bother now going by other people's experiences. Has anyone else had one? I don't want to waste money on something that isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah got these type of shaves done twice and dont really rate them at all.

The first time i didnt find it smooth and shaved again when i got home and the second time was better but the smoothness went away about 2 hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I used to get one every few weeks and they are great,i dont know how people didn't feel smooth after a shave with a cut throat razor :confused:

They are worth it OP go for it,i got it done in the barbers next to the munster express think it was called new look but i havent been back there in a while because its to much hassle to get parking,ive been going to the barbers next to the cleaboy since he opened and he is great but i havent got a shave from him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I used to get one every few weeks and they are great,i dont know how people didn't feel smooth after a shave with a cut throat razor :confused:

They are worth it OP go for it,i got it done in the barbers next to the munster express think it was called new look but i havent been back there in a while because its to much hassle to get parking,ive been going to the barbers next to the cleaboy since he opened and he is great but i havent got a shave from him yet

Yeah, Hicham is the guy in there. Whenever I've been in I've found him great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

From my experience they are a complete waste of money and I have tried several around town and one in temple bar. Another thing I found with barbers around the town especially Turkish is that the owner hires out the chairs to freelancers so the more he cuts the more he makes, so if the waiting area is full they tend to rush the cut, not a nice feeling, it is best to go in when they are quite,beginning of the week etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Cleaboy road one is mighty

Advertisement