Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola not honouring their warranty, advice please

Options
  • 18-06-2015 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

***PROBLEM RESOLVED - can't seem to be able to delete this post***
    Hello!
    (Apologies if this is in the wrong category, please let me know if it is, this is my first post on boards.ie.)
    So in October 2014 my boyfriend bought a Moto G from Amazon. About 7 or 8 weeks ago it started having problems with the speaker, he couldn't hear people in calls. A few weeks later the phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on again (the battery wasn't low at the time) and would only stay on when it was plugged in, turned off as soon as it was plugged out. We contacted motorola about this and as it was still under warrranty we expected it to be repaired for free, as the phone was never dropped or water damaged. It was, in my mind, clearly a defective phone. They told us to send it to Fonefix, a company that I assume is partnered with them to repair the phones, and they are located in Dublin. About a week later we got a message back stating that the phones system connector was damaged due to personal damage and would cost €75 to repair. We declined the repair and got into a live chat with Motorola about how we were unhappy with the outcome, we basically got told to ring their helpline as they can contact fonefix from there. We tried that and couldn't get through. After that I decided to wait for the phone to be returned because honestly I wasn't sure what the phones system connector was and wanted to see for myself what they were talking about. When the phone arrived it had an arrow sticker pointing to usb port on the phone , and also had marks on the bottom of the phone that were not there before (honestly I'm pretty pissed off about that!) but I don't understand how a damaged usb port could have anything to do the speaker being damaged, and if the port was damaged surely the phone just wouldn't charge? But that wasn't the problem, the phone turned off by itself and only stayed on when it was plugged in.
    I just want some advice on this, am I right to be annoyed by the way they are handling this? I'm definitely annoyed by fonefix marking the phone but will they even believe me it wasn't there before? I think customer service is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT in this day and age and I feel like neither Motorola nor fonefix delivered on that.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you not try to return it to Amazon? They sold you the phone so should have been your first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emzie13

Did you not try to return it to Amazon? They sold you the phone so should have been your first port of call.

Amazon themselves are fantastic for returns but my boyfriends brother actually ordered the phone for him, and apparently he ordered it off of one of those private business sellers on Amazon. I thought itd be less hassle to go through Motorola themselves but I was wrong 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Tell your boyfriends brother to go through amazon. If amazon handled the transaction then they generally stand over it. They wont entertain you or your boyfriend though

Advertisement