Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost wedding ring help please

Options
  • 18-06-2015 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Hope someone can please help me ? I was removing weeds and overgrown grass all day yesterday when i noticed I had lost my wedding ring.? it was loose on my finger for ages as keep meaning to get it resized.

I searched the long grass for ages but no luck. Does any of you guys have a metal defector that you can lend me so that I can find my ring ? Very upset over loosing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Hi Guys

Hope someone can please help me ? I was removing weeds and overgrown grass all day yesterday when i noticed I had lost my wedding ring.? it was loose on my finger for ages as keep meaning to get it resized.

I searched the long grass for ages but no luck. Does any of you guys have a metal defector that you can lend me so that I can find my ring ? Very upset over loosing it.

Not being funny, but did you also search where you put the weeds? Did you put the weeds in the bin?

Don:t panic. It has to be there. Hope someone comes along with help soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Edit the subject there and add "ring"

Consider hiring or buying a metal detector ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm not sure you can hire them in Ireland as you're not supposed to be using them at all.

Hopefully someone will come along who has one.

Maplin might be a good bed for a cheapo one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

They can be used on a beach area As far as I know - pls double check that

And if you get arrested for using one in your own garden I will visit you in jail ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Shine a torch around the area you think you lost it in the dark. It may pick up the ring better than daylight would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

If you are looking for a metal detector then the county/city council may be able to help. If you ring the Waterworks in Terryland they might have one which they use to find stopcock covers that have been covered over with tarmac on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bear in mind a metal detector will not pick up gold, there is a special one for gold only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Are you 100% sure it was on your finger when you started ?
    Could it have been lost elsewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

You could try calling Maplin in Wellpark. They sell Metal Detectors in the UK and may have some or be able to source one.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/gadgets-toys-and-hobbies/metal-detectors

I had one (the amateur one from the website) but I leant it to someone and haven't seen it in a few years. I'll ask around and see if I can locate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was ring gold or some other metal? If a magnetic metal then a really strong magnet might pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Firstly thank you everyone for your very kind replies.
    The ring is platinum.

Yes it definitely on my finger and I checked where I put weeds for composting but no luck so far. I have rang a few places but none seem to rent metal detectors in Galway.

So please help if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Firstly thank you everyone for your very kind replies.
    The ring is platinum.

Yes it definitely on my finger and I checked where I put weeds for composting but no luck so far. I have rang a few places but none seem to rent metal detectors in Galway.

So please help if you can

Did you try HSS (plant hire) on the Tuam Rd (opposite Friends restaurant)?

If no luck there try the Waterworks guys in Terryland. Try and get talking to one of the
    guys that works on leak detection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Where in the city are you based? I know a guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PUP333

I have a relatively professional one, purchased it recently.
    I could give a quick sweep to the garden during the week if you are near by to the city.
    I would not be keen on lending as it is an expensive piece of kit.
    Should find it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

biko wrote: »
    Was ring gold or some other metal? If a magnetic metal then a really strong magnet might pick it up.

The only thing I could think of after reading your post http://imgur.com/r/breakingbad/u4TofJD

But very nice of PUP333 to register 5 years ago and post only for this occasion. It's very heartwarming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PUP333

My Work colleague Sniipe who posted above told me about the predicament.

Hi Pup

I live about 30 mins outside Galway. I would collect and bring you back to your house if you wouldn't mind giving up your time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dialer

Well, your in luck as i have one.

Its an old model but, works perfectly by adjusting the sensitivity.

I'll check later if its in my attic or ekse-where. Had it out last year for a small job locating water pipes in the house.

Hi Dialer

Thanks brilliant. Can you pm me your number and I will call you arrange

• Advertisement

Hi Dialer

I have just pm you. Thanks for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

My wife lost a ring she got for our 5-year anniversary (probably better than her wedding ring) because it was too big for the finger she was wearing it on at the time. She reckoned she lost it while walking around the neighbourhood one evening. I went out with her when I got home from work and we searched everywhere, even down drains, etc, but we never found it. We also reported it to the police, but no-one ever handed it in. I reckon someone picked it up shortly after she dropped it and kept it.

It happened 2 years ago, but I can't help looking every time I walk around that area. It's a horrible feeling. I really hope you get yours back.

Advertisement