Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Ambulance Service | Garda Vetting

Options
  • 18-06-2015 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone from Ireland has successfully applied to the London Ambulance Service and had to get Garda Vetted.

I was successful this week in all aspects of my application and got a conditional offer to start working with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) provided I get passed the Garda Vetting and Health Screening (WOOHOO).

The only issue is from what I've heard is that Garda Vetting can take up to 6 months to be processed which I think is an AGE. Especially when I think their next course date is the end of July.

The London Ambulance Service asked me to send on a copy of my "Garda Vetting Certificate" when it's done.

According to the Garda website there are 2 types of Garda Vetting.

By any chance would the LAS be looking for police certificate rather than the full Garda vetting as I believe to get vetted by the central vetting office the company needs to be registered with them and I don't know if they would be.

Any info in relation to this would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just wondering if anyone from Ireland has successfully applied to the London Ambulance Service and had to get Garda Vetted.

I was successful this week in all aspects of my application and got a conditional offer to start working with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) provided I get passed the Garda Vetting and Health Screening (WOOHOO).

The only issue is from what I've heard is that Garda Vetting can take up to 6 months to be processed which I think is an AGE. Especially when I think their next course date is the end of July.

The London Ambulance Service asked me to send on a copy of my "Garda Vetting Certificate" when it's done.

According to the Garda website there are 2 types of Garda Vetting.

By any chance would the LAS be looking for police certificate rather than the full Garda vetting as I believe to get vetted by the central vetting office the company needs to be registered with them and I don't know if they would be.

Any info in relation to this would be great.

Firstly congratulations on getting a job with London Ambulance.
    I would imagine that LAS themselves might be able to have the information you need on what's needed. If they mentioned the actual Irish police force then that's where you are going to have to go to for the required documents.
    Have you ever been Garda vetted before for someone else? LAS might and I mean might take the previous organisations word that you cleared their vetting while LAS wait for their own report.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

flazio wrote: »
    Firstly congratulations on getting a job with London Ambulance.
    I would imagine that LAS themselves might be able to have the information you need on what's needed. If they mentioned the actual Irish police force then that's where you are going to have to go to for the required documents.
    Have you ever been Garda vetted before for someone else? LAS might and I mean might take the previous organisations word that you cleared their vetting while LAS wait for their own report.

Thank you very much.

One of the lads that has got accepted with me (I made a buddy through he application wahey !) rang the LAS but they didn't really have much knowledge of it at all to be fair.

I finally got through to the Garda Vetting office (And this is very useful information for anyone getting vetted).

She broke it down as follows:

Full Garda Vetting | Can only be carried out if an organisation is registered with the Garda Vetting office and has to be carried out via the organisation. (This is only for companies inside Ireland)

Police Certificate | Used for Visa purposes only.

Data Protection Access | This is the one used if you want your information to be used for yourself (This is the one I have to use because it is the only that is acceptable to use for jobs abroad. There is no other option)

Advertisement