Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's an acceptable timeframe for a replacement?

Options
  • 18-06-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Morning Guys,

I thought I'd post here as someone may have a similar experience. I'm curious more than anything else.

I bought a monitor from an irish online retailer on the 25.05.15. I had to return it as it was damaged/faulty.

Despite regular contact as of today's date the replacement has still not arrived even though on two occasions I've been told it was shipped.

I'm not a foot stomping kind of person but at this point I'm considering a simple refund might be easier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

I should add that it was returned immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How long did the original take arrive (ordered on the 25th may)?

What date did you return it?

Did you pay extra for quicker delivery, or just standard delivery? For example delivery from amazon is standard 3-5 working days.

As a last resort, how did you pay? Can you look at doing a chargeback on a credit card if needs be and buying elsewhere?

You need to give the retailer a 'reasonable' time frame to ship you a new one, but in saying that it has been over three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Was it an Irish website or a .ie website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Morning Guys,

I thought I'd post here as someone may have a similar experience. I'm curious more than anything else.

I bought a monitor from an irish online retailer on the 25.05.15. I had to return it as it was damaged/faulty.

Despite regular contact as of today's date the replacement has still not arrived even though on two occasions I've been told it was shipped.

I'm not a foot stomping kind of person but at this point I'm considering a simple refund might be easier?

If it was faulty when you received it, then it was unfit for purpose.>>> Demand for a full refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I should add that it was returned immediately.

Try one nor email; Give them 48 hours notice of your intention to I initiate a chargeback and see I that gets a response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Did you get your replacement or a refund catastrophy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Morning all, sorry for the lack of an update. A replacement monitor finally arrived yesterday. So all in all a month to replace a monitor which was initially reported as faulty within an hour of delivery.

The process seems to be an rma to the wholesale supplier thus cutting out the retailer.

Advertisement