Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free GPs for under 6's

Options
  • 18-06-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

im looking for a list of doctors who have signed up for free gp care for under 6's in galway. anyone know where i might find that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

17 seconds of googling provided this: https://www.pcrsonline.ie/libr/html/UGP_GPlist_by_LHO.pdf

Allegedly updated daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

17 seconds of googling

Yoda%20Google%20Fu.jpg?height=170

:P

ask jeeves doesn't seem to be as good

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My Altavista search is still running.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You really should consider moving from Netscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

My children's doctor hasn't signed up for free under 6's. A new doctor we were considering on moving to anyway won't take us on out of support for the doctor's that haven't signed up yet. This maddens me.

Sniipe wrote: »
    My children's doctor hasn't signed up for free under 6's. A new doctor we were considering on moving to anyway won't take us on out of support for the doctor's that haven't signed up yet. This maddens me.

my doctor hasn't signed up for it either but im expecting she will. if she doesn't then i'll find someone else. they cant really expect you to be shelling out 50 quid for a visit when you can get a free appointment off another doc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sniipe wrote: »

It's understandable though. Some doctors are concerned about increased waiting times and not been able to allocate necessary time and care to patients as some parents will now be bringing their kids to the GP every time they get something small like the sniffles and yet some terminally ill patients cannot get medical cards. It's actually political gesturing as it's most outrageous. Parents votes are being bought and medical practices and truly ill patients will suffer.

Advertisement