Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dcully wrote: »
    I wouldn't come on a state my opinion of inferior combat compared to chivalry without playing the game enough.

Ive played tutorial and over 2 hours of MP, to me personally its clunky as fcuk and nowhere near as good as chivalry.

You could be correct and maybe I do need to play more but what I did play is the usual new game hype train at full speed.

Ill play a bit more to decide fully,maybe play with a pad instead of mouse.

The game even on PC is meant more for pad play.

Definitely more time is required. I have played the closed alpha, closed beta and now open beta. I have well over 50 hrs played. There are still moves and skills I am learning.

Experiment with different characters. Some are meant to be slow but are incredible at blocking. Others are very fast and maneuverable with less damage per strike. If you find a character that suits you that is a great start. There are 3 characters that can be recruited (500 steel each) however you can still play as any of them without recruiting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Like the game, but I realize i'm simply staring at a little icon on the enemy player most of the time. Which is immersion breaking. Be nicer if they didn't have it and you had to actually pay attention to the enemies body movements.

The game is gorgeous, such a shame about the insane tunnel vision meaning you cant properly appreciate it all.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Like the game, but I realize i'm simply staring at a little icon on the enemy player most of the time. Which is immersion breaking. Be nicer if they didn't have it and you had to actually pay attention to the enemies body movements.

The game is gorgeous, such a shame about the insane tunnel vision meaning you cant properly appreciate it all.

They have customised options for UI. You can switch off varies hud items. If you go into the options they have varies UI presets for people to try out. PC & console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Played an hour this evening. Very frustrating when team mates drop out mid match. Getting caught 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 which happened a few times is very frustrating but 1 on 1 duels are fascinating to play. Found the enemy AI got in the way a lot in deathmatch which leaves you getting caught when trying to battle another player at a capture point. I used this to my advantage too I confess.

They have customised options for UI. You can switch off varies hud items. If you go into the options they have varies UI presets for people to try out. PC & console.

Which puts me at an immediate disadvantage to all those who like looking at icons instead of the characters.

I get why they do it. To make the game more accessible and to keep weaker players playing longer. Without it, it'd be much harder to learn. Its a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Which puts me at an immediate disadvantage to all those who like looking at icons instead of the characters.

I get why they do it. To make the game more accessible and to keep weaker players playing longer. Without it, it'd be much harder to learn. Its a pity.

You're meant to be looking more than just the stance, that doesn't give you everything.

All works well IMO. They have given players all the HUD visibility options a player could ask for. Much more than many games.

I look at which side the players weapon is long before I have any visual cue. Its not just moves you need to learn. You need to understand how each player fights.

Wait until you see really good players faking moves, cancelling moves and switching attacking angle at speed. Lots to be learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

There is a character that can stun his opponent which removes the stance icons. Remove your HUD and play him spamming the stun moves. You won't be at such a disadvantage then ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Can you unlock any RPGs or SMGs or the like....seems a bit....boring without all the "COOL STUFF"

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ERG89 wrote: »
    Played an hour this evening. Very frustrating when team mates drop out mid match. Getting caught 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 which happened a few times is very frustrating but 1 on 1 duels are fascinating to play. Found the enemy AI got in the way a lot in deathmatch which leaves you getting caught when trying to battle another player at a capture point. I used this to my advantage too I confess.

Depends on what class you play. I've been playing the Conqueror because he has a big mace and shield. He can Block virtually anything.

It's gas holding A or C and 3 enemies come swinging at me. You can block it all, activate your revenge mode, and swing the mace around in a giant death circle.....like a helicopter. It takes them like 40 seconds to kill you if you know what you are doing.....and it gives your team plenty of time to take the other two points or come help you. I really enjoy it. :D

There are 3 more classess coming in the final version and more modes apparently. It wont have the longevity of some games but I've played at least 7 hours of the open beta and its worth buying for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

loved both betas but i must say dominion is one of the most rage inducing game modes ive played in any game in a while. Almost killing someone to just have some 2 asshats run up behind you and ruin all the fun = triggered to the max

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played the beta briefly, but it's definitely not for me. Looks great, and they animations are excellent, but i just don't see myself playing it much. Will use the code I got with my graphics card for the new Ghost Recon game instead.

Also, P2P is beyond idiotic for this type of game. In the 4 or 5 games i had, i was disconnected about as many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In youTube-related content:

MatPat (Game Theory) is getting called out for his gross inaccuracies.

Good content if you're interested in historical warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Enjoyable game but cannot see myself getting Full Retail AAA Priced (€50-€65) value out of it.

Also, I have a healthy scepticism of Ubisoft AND P2P connections that would turn me off being an early adopter.

Maybe after a few balance patches and a review of the connection system allowing for improvements and a lower entry price point and I'd bite then.

Overall enjoyed the Beta though. But found it a bit repetitive. Would probably have played more if I was in a group of 4 playing Elimination.

Just bought the standard edition on CDKeys for €40. The trailer is pretty meh. The second half shows more of the character customization and it seems extensive.

Team Weeb all the way. FOR TEH GRORY OF TEH EMPARARU

• Argos have this for 59.99

37.59 on Gamesplanet

PC Version that is. Gold edition is 65.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this primarily a multiplayer game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Is this primarily a multiplayer game?

There's a single player campaign but yeah, it's marketed for pvp and laid out for microtransactions so.. multiplayer yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    I wouldn't come on a state my opinion of inferior combat compared to chivalry without playing the game enough.

Ive played tutorial and over 2 hours of MP, to me personally its clunky as fcuk and nowhere near as good as chivalry.

You could be correct and maybe I do need to play more but what I did play is the usual new game hype train at full speed.

Ill play a bit more to decide fully,maybe play with a pad instead of mouse.

You need to play a lot more if you favour chivalry glitch combat over it, I like chivalry but its a mod for another game with fighting in it and worth the €5 I spent on it.

For Honour is a full game with decent swordfighting in, I will get it when it hits the 25 quid mark but the only comparision it has to chivalry is swords. FH combat is in another level compared to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's a single player campaign but yeah, it's marketed for pvp and laid out for microtransactions so.. multiplayer yeah.

So in that case im guessing its a weak single player campaign and dont be buying for that?

Spent 7 hours playing today :O Got a Kensei to level 14 or so and a Berserker to level 7 without the Steel paid XP boost. Also did 2 missions on the single player campaign. It seems decent but i wanted to dive right back into the multiplayer. The more i play the more i feel like the game is quite balanced. Some character's favour certain match-ups but its the same with any fighting game. Fun game. Worth the 40 euro (PC) if you're into competitive multiplayer. If you're gonna buy it for single player only wait till it goes on sale for about 5 euro in 2 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So in that case im guessing its a weak single player campaign and dont be buying for that?

That's what i've been hearing about it. Also if you are buying it for pvp, they dont have dedicated servers, which is a bit mean too.

Looking past my UI gripes. This game is too fun not to get.

Got it last night. Didn't bother with the Gold edition every one else seems to have bought for some reason. Nothing much extra in it except early access to the new Champs when they release.

Very fun. Loving the Raider. The immense Burl

Looking past my UI gripes. This game is too fun not to get.

Got it last night. Didn't bother with the Gold edition every one else seems to have bought for some reason. Nothing much extra in it except early access to the new Champs when they release.

Very fun. Loving the Raider. The immense Burl

The Raider is fantastic. His moves are very easy to use and very effective.

Nearly at Prestige 2 with my conqueror. Enjoying the game quite a lot. It has some issues.

Firstly, Revenge mode shouldnt be on in Duel mode. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea. Secondly, bleed effects shouldnt kill. It should take a hit. And there are class balance issues for sure that hopefully will get ironed out.

All that said, the game is a lot of fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

iGYHuUI.jpg

Accurate..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Tempted to get this, however my lack of ability when it comes to fighting games in general is putting me off. Anybody able to advise whether this is as demanding as a traditional beat em up or if the combat is anyway more accessible?

Cheers in advance!

• Advertisement

iGYHuUI.jpg

Its For Honor.

Not With Honor :pac:

Advertisement