Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Mile TT Power

Options
  • 18-06-2015 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Doing my first 10tt with a power meter tomorrow. I have a figure for my best 20minute power which was set during a 5/20 FTP Test - how much would the 5 mins at the start have caused the 20 to drop off? i.e. I'm trying to figure out 'fresh' number to pace myself off...

Granted, it will all probably go out the window once I've started pedalling, but it would be nice to have a figure to aim for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

RJM85 wrote: »
    Doing my first 10tt with a power meter tomorrow. I have a figure for my best 20minute power which was set during a 5/20 FTP Test - how much would the 5 mins at the start have caused the 20 to drop off? i.e. I'm trying to figure out 'fresh' number to pace myself off...

Granted, it will all probably go out the window once I've started pedalling, but it would be nice to have a figure to aim for.

Plot a graph of ftp or power(y) versus time(x) and drop a line to the y-axis at the ten minute point and then there is your 10 minute time.

Then think about this for a while and realise that you are not going to do a 20minute 10miler and after that realise that this approach is pure sh1t and just go out hard about 110% and lift if you can, but you won't

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

tunney wrote: »

Then think about this for a while and realise that you are not going to do a 20minute 10miler

fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

is it possible to pace at 10mile tt?

I normally go out to hard....suffer too much back off then lift off again which makes a total balls of it imo

is it possible to pace at 10mile tt?

I normally go out to hard....suffer too big a hormonal rush, stop, have a cry, look at some pretty flowers and then I remember to "have a happy period" and finish the TT

Fixed that for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

You have just reminded me to get my TT bike out of the attic for tomorrow evening. I have not been on it for nearly a year.:eek:

10mile, go out hard and hold on for dear life has always been my moto. I am hoping to get close to Dowsetts 10mile record whilst holding onto a car!

• Advertisement

You have just reminded me to get my TT bike out of the attic for tomorrow evening. I have not been on it for nearly a year.:eek:

10mile, go out hard and hold on for dear life has always been my moto. I am hoping to get close to Dowsetts 10mile record whilst holding onto a car!

Didn't you try that on the way to work a few weeks back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

tunney wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :)

money-banking-joint_account-joint_bank_account-bank_account-dr_jekyll-literary_character-bwhn883_low.jpg

Is this you going to the bank Dave?:D (we never know who is going to show up) (nice or nasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

but it looks like he managed to open an bank account i got my 50 euro this morning.

money-banking-joint_account-joint_bank_account-bank_account-dr_jekyll-literary_character-bwhn883_low.jpg

Is this you going to the bank Dave?:D (we never know who is going to show up) (nice or nasty :)

090826huggett.jpg

peter kern wrote: »
    but it looks like he managed to open an bank account i got my 50 euro this morning.

As I said I confused the topic of the bet. I paid at the earliest possible chance once I realised the error of my ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

I'm Colm Cassidy's minute man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

RJM85 wrote: »
    I'm Colm Cassidy's minute man :(

Lovely...you'll be going out hard so and clinging on over the second half. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Id a similar conundrum last week as i did my first ever 40km TT with the cycling club. I took some pointers from this:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/recreational-cycling/10880429/Ed-Clancy-my-five-shortcuts-to-faster-cycling.html

We had a headwind out and tailwind back so i worked over threshold for the first half and tried then to just hold on and work the hills on the return. I didn't commit enough in the 3rd quarter but still reckon the article was useful - point 1 being most appropriate.

Advertisement