Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil painting in Dublin city or north.

Options
  • 18-06-2015 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get an oil painting for my mam as a present for Christmas. (Yes i'm starting now :) ). What i want is to give the artist a photo of our three cats and two dogs (not the one photo) and have him paint it onto a canvas. The background will be a section of our garden.

Is there anyone around the city or anywhere in dublin, (I don't mind travelling futher to get it) that will do a good job, at a good price.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

What kind of money do you want to spend?

I am currently doing a particular project and as part of my research I contacted a Chinese studio and asked them to paint me a copy of a famous painting. I was blown away by the quality of what they produced.

All in it cost about 120 euro and the painting was done on linen and posted rolled in a tube. It was H24XW20 inches.

I ordered on March 9th and it was in my hands on March 31st. There was lots of email to-ing and fro-ing and they emailed a photograph of the finished product for me to approve before they sent it. I note on their website (and other similar websites) that they do accept photographs and will produce paintings based on same.

I would happily recommend the one I used. The lady who I dealt with via email had good english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

MrWalsh wrote: »
    What kind of money do you want to spend?

I am currently doing a particular project and as part of my research I contacted a Chinese studio and asked them to paint me a copy of a famous painting. I was blown away by the quality of what they produced.

All in it cost about 120 euro and the painting was done on linen and posted rolled in a tube. It was H24XW20 inches.

I ordered on March 9th and it was in my hands on March 31st. There was lots of email to-ing and fro-ing and they emailed a photograph of the finished product for me to approve before they sent it. I note on their website (and other similar websites) that they do accept photographs and will produce paintings based on same.

I would happily recommend the one I used. The lady who I dealt with via email had good english.

I want to spend around €150. The only thing is i don't have on photo its a 5 photos but all i want is the animal drawn from each photo. Any the background is my garden.
    If you have a link to the website could you post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I want to spend around €150. The only thing is i don't have on photo its a 5 photos but all i want is the animal drawn from each photo. Any the background is my garden.
    If you have a link to the website could you post it.

Yeah they seem like they would be happy to discuss composition and addition of items into the pic - Im sure you could just describe what you want and ask them do sketch it out to see do you like it? Theyre worth asking anyway.

The one I used seems to be gone actually, but this one is so similar in name that it could be a relaunched website.

http://www.1stpainting.com/

They are all based in the oil painting village in China, there are literally thousands of artists there.

I ordered and paid and then the site crashed returning me from Paypal so I panicked and emailed them, they were very swift to reply - I really wasnt sure the whole time if it was a scam or not, until the painting arrived.

edit - for that kind of money its probably the best youd get tbh.

Advertisement