Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed on Last and Final Bid query

Options
  • 18-06-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I was bidding on a house I loved. After two months of bidding the auctioneer asked me to put in a concealed bid.

I didn't get it. I loved this property and I was very disappointed but accepted it.

Anyway the auctioneer told me that he could not tell me how much I lost by.
    Why can't he tell me the figure it was agreed at?
    When the house is sold I will be able to see the price on the registry anyway. Is it normal practice that you can't be told what it is sale agreed at?

Thanks for your advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Probably because if you go to best and final there could be an issue if you knew the best offer prior to the property being sold. If you bid 256,000 and lost by 500 then what to stop you going to the vendor (knocking on the door) and offering 257,000?

Frankly there's nothing stopping you doing that anyway or trying to get the vendor to tell you the bid, but at least the EA can turn round and wash their hands of it, otherwise it could been seen as encouraging the above.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ring up and pretend to be another auctioneer with a new property on the market that's similar and ask them what it went sale agreed at. They'll usually tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jevks

Thanks for the advice, that makes sense.

I will give that a go Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

Jevks wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, that makes sense.

I will give that a go Seamus

Let us know if they tell you

Advertisement