Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 hmr

Options
  • 18-06-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi I changing from a 223 to a 17hmr mostly rabbits now I'm shooting some say there great some say there not I will be shooting 150yards max. 223 is working out a bit costly I always use v-max so might change here is what I'm using

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Hi I changing from a 223 to a 17hmr mostly rabbits now I'm shooting some say there great some say there not I will be shooting 150yards max. 223 is working out a bit costly I always use v-max so might change here is what I'm using

Nice set up,what model/make. Is the stock for right and left hand use

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭culchie mick

Nice set up,what model/make. Is the stock for right and left hand use

Howa 1500 right hand bedded it's to much for bunny but great for Mr fox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

You will love how flat and accurate the .17Hmr is its a great round.
    I have shot rabbits out at 180 yards and I know that its capible at further distances.
    A well placed round will take care of a fox up to 100 yards out, after that you are shooting foxes not humanley killing them.
    Have you selected a .17 rifle yet ?

You will love how flat and accurate the .17Hmr is its a great round.
    I have shot rabbits out at 180 yards and I know that its capible at further distances.
    A well placed round will take care of a fox up to 100 yards out, after that you are shooting foxes not humanley killing them.
    Have you selected a .17 rifle yet ?

Going to look at a savage neXT Thursday but the 223 is a great round not really lampin any more so thinking of the 17 a friend had one a cz he liked but back to a 223 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Pm me your number and I will send you a few pics of my upgraded cz452 American in .17HMR :)

• Advertisement

Pm me your number and I will send you a few pics of my upgraded cz452 American in .17HMR :)

Must say it's a fine job looks very well

Must say it's a fine job looks very well

Nice talking be in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I have one of these and it's my favourite rifle, all they need is a YoDave trigger kit. It's a handy job to do yourself.

I have one of these and it's my favourite rifle, all they need is a YoDave trigger kit. It's a handy job to do yourself.

Got a savage thum hold stock nice rifle just need a silencer to suit mine is to suit a 223 so

Got a savage thum hold stock nice rifle

• Advertisement

Got a savage thum hold stock nice rifle

Got my hmr and very happy with it pays to do a bit of typing on boards.ie there's a lot of sound lads out there in the same boat looking to change

• Registered Users Posts: 20 chris cahill

I'm looking to get a CZ 455 .17HMR me self what's the scope like that comes with it. That is a very nice .223 are you planning on selling it

I'm looking to get a CZ 455 .17HMR me self what's the scope like that comes with it. That is a very nice .223 are you planning on selling it

The 223 is gone myself and a man swapped rifles that's where I got the hmr but the 223 is a great round

• Registered Users Posts: 20 chris cahill

The 223 is gone myself and a man swapped rifles that's where I got the hmr but the 223 is a great round

How are you finding the .17

How are you finding the .17

So far so good suits my needs

So far so good suits my needs

Got out for a few pops this evening great for bunnies it looks like the 223 but with less poke

Got out for a few pops this evening great for bunnies it looks like the 223 but with less poke[/quot

Great round for bunnies

Advertisement