Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasnevin school

Options
  • 18-06-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Was wondering if anybody has any input on this.

Myself and my partner are considering schools to send our son next year. The most suitable, location wise, would be St. Vincents in Glasnevin.

Just wondering, does anybody know anything about the school, reputation, etc.?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Anyone, any idea on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

All I knoe about this school is that it has a mixed student body. I live in cabra which is a working class area and student from here go there. it has a good reputation as does most Christian Brothers Schools.

Thanks Red Hare!

Looking at this school, and perhaps Rosmini too.

Will keep researching. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

This mostly applies to both the secondary and the primary.

I went to this school myself. Fantastic school, would send my own children there easily. A lot of the teachers I knew have left since I was there, so I can't really comment on that, but they have a high standard usually. It's the right level of rough in my opinion, bullying isn't tolerated at all and the school goes out of its way to find out the full stories behind things. Any teachers I've made friends with from there have said that it has the most enjoyable students of any school they've been to; your son would likely make plenty of friends regardless of what he's into himself.

Vincent's, a couple of years back, was the only mostly working class school that made it into the top 10 secondary schools on the north side as far as I know, but I can't back that up as I never took note of where I saw it! :rolleyes: Either way, great school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

My brother went to it a long time ago but it was a great school then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

st aidans has a very good reputation. Vincents stock has gone down a lot.

Thanks for all the replies above everyone, so helpful...boards is great really!

Like above, from asking around to different people, I've heard differing reports ranging from good to poor. I suppose different experiences are a routine aspect of school life.

I just want my son to have a great education, with good support from the school, regarding behavior, etc.

Thanks again everyone!!

Advertisement