Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland in October/November

Options
  • 18-06-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Allo allo,

Looking at planning a trip to Iceland with my better half in October / November (since Wowair.ie have made it such an attractive location!) and was just looking to pick people's brains here on certain aspects of the trip. So here goes!

1) Any good/reasonably priced hotels in Reykjavik people would recommend?
    2) Any Golden Circle / Northen light tours which people would recommend?
    3) Has anyone rented their own car over there? If so, how did you find driving around there?

If any one has any input on things to see/do or just travel tips for Iceland in general, please feel free to shout!

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

I am going in mid August so don't think I will see the Northern Lights ?
    Found this hostel reasonable priced about 30e a night
    Have a lot of the same questions as you. seen tours operated by companies could be ok and could be bums on seats...any advice since posting ?
    http://www.hlemmursquare.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

Booked a flight to Iceland today sorted out a hostel http://www.hlemmursquare.com/

Need to sort out worthwhile touring while there any recommendations
    Have seen the tour companies brochures for day trips no idea of quality
    Better a few good ones than a load of tat.

Recommendations on clothing /footwear?

Bit of a novice as regards hiking although I do a little hill walking

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

Apparently blizzards can whip up very suddenly - or so we were told when I was there. I wouldn't recommend hiking on your own! Just in case! ;)

Advertisement