Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Witcher 3 is great and all, people to seem to give it's controls a pass when they are clearly horse ****.

I think it gets a pass seeing how it does pretty much everything else so well,that said,combat was the only thing i found frustrating about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Only got to play this for 90mins last night but by jaysus its one beautiful looking game and the controls are spot on too.. Tonight ill get stuck in properly..

Is that late in the game? Or when you just meet him ?

I didn't read much beyond that other than that you should keep a manual save in case things go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

For me old habits die hard come just this week to PS4 and loving achievements from xbox checked the platinum requirements and there is a missable achievement / trophy tied to him
    Don't talk him unless you have to and then choose the heart option and do not dual or kill him
    other wise you are into a new game.

One of the devs said there are no missable trophies on the horizon sub reddit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats a ridiculous trophy to have not to speak to him at all ffs, but the minute I did have a yap with him he either wanted to get into my panties or was gonna double cross me BIG TIME. I am gonna "DO HIM" 1st chance I get in a non sexual way!!!!

On another EPIC note I killed my 1st THUNDERJAW last night, holy fook it literally took me 25 mins of a battle and at the end of it I was throwing bleedin stones at it to finish it off. It took all my resources and limited skill. In my defense it was a wide open environment that I stumbled across it so could not use terrain etc to help me.

Also came across them hawk yokiemabobs that wait until you actually kill a machine an then swoop down on it an you absolutely amazing it was. There I was killing a few broadhead and I seen them up on the cliff and taught nothing of it, soon as I killed 2 machines they were on me like a flash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Ye the NPC's aren't really subtle with their flirting. Kind of annoying to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I found a hole in the ground which lead to a cave that had armor in it but couldnt figure out how too get access too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I found a hole in the ground which lead to a cave that had armor in it but couldnt figure out how too get access too it.

You should activate a quest when you interact with a button in that cave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Have you unlocked the ability to override?

I went back to the hole you fell in a a child , you can now access most places there by bashing the stalactites with the spear.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Thats a ridiculous trophy to have not to speak to him at all ffs, but the minute I did have a yap with him he either wanted to get into my panties or was gonna double cross me BIG TIME. I am gonna "DO HIM" 1st chance I get in a non sexual way!!!!

I don't think you have to avoid him entirely but you have to not
    duel/fight him and chose the love options in the conversations

EDIT: This links to an image of the requirements for the allies trophy https://i.imgur.com/vRwioCf.jpg

No real spoilers outside of actions for Nil and quest names.

Right guys after searching the net I found this absolute gem, dont click on the link unless you want a mini hack but there is a secret set of armour in the game that is a game changer. You can literally take multiple hits from a Thunder-jaw without damage.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K5I7j9DiqU

I am gonna start collecting and if/when I get it I think I will only stick it on when I really need it or stuck so far so good on the high difficulty.

EDIT: I already have 2 the 3 cell is locked behind a quest I have not done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Downloading now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

spent the day tinkering around and just enjoying the game from the very start. Lvl 9 and just had my first "Jurassic Park" moment.

This game is amazing. Had a few silly clitches but nothing game ruining.

Delighted they went with Ashley Burch for Aloy on this as opposed to over used Laura Bailey. Don't think I could have listened to Bailey this long. Not her fault just she's over used in games like North and Baker in male roles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't think you have to avoid him entirely but you have to not
    duel/fight him and chose the love options in the conversations

EDIT: This links to an image of the requirements for the allies trophy https://i.imgur.com/vRwioCf.jpg

No real spoilers outside of actions for Nil and quest names.

Powerpyx has confirmed its not a missable trophy and dialogue choices don't matter also
    if you decide too kill him it won't make the trophy missable

The get 30 human head shots trophy is glitched apparently.

Powerpyx has confirmed its not a missable trophy and dialogue choices don't matter also
    if you decide too kill him it won't make the trophy missable

The get 30 human head shots trophy is glitched apparently.

Just saw that earlier. I see see some discussion on the 30 headshots one too, some do have it though so not sure whats up with that one, people seem to think some simply don't register properly but get added to the stats page but get it eventually well over the 30 needed.

Have to say the ROPE-CASTER is a game changer, makes the big machines much easier to kill. And dont forget to do the tutorials for all new weapons you get 2000-3000 XP per weapon.

Also the different arrows, TEAR arrows do ZERO damage to machines they just strip away armour plates to get at the crucial bits. Now there are some TEAR arrows with slight damage built in but not enough to make short work of machines and speed is the key killing the machines as they are so powerful. When TEAR arrows hit machines it looks like they are doing mad damage but they are not, so be aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I'm liking the game so far but I hate dialogue choices in games I didn't know this was gonna be like witcher or mass effect in that area

are they important because I was want to skip them most of the time

I don't mind ones were you get 3 choices for example like throw the rock or don't thow the rock

but ones with 5 different talk points just bogs down the game to me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alright Horizon, let's be having ya!

• Advertisement

Think the only thing so far I wasn't really mad about was the cauldron section I was led to via a side quest, but its worth doing them as soon as you can for the reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone know the cheapest bricks & mortar shop to pick this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest bricks & mortar shop to pick this up?

Argos selling it for 59, Smyths selling it for 65. Gamestop 75.

Game is brilliant, like a mix of last of us, red dead, braveheart and far cry, all for good reasons. Just been messing around with side quests and hunting the machines. Top class so far.

Guys what is you favorite machine animal so far........I know there are so many but for me I absolutely love the SNAPMAW. I think they have nailed the animation on it, also the pure sound of the sawtooth is amazing. I have not discovered all the animals yet so there could be more.

The hardest animal I have encountered so far is the ROCK BREAKER one, harder then the Thunderjaw (depending on environment)

Just got to devils grief on a quest, not sure if it's scripted or not but the lighting and shift in weather are absolutely stunning and a subtle shift in the music too. Truly jaw dropping stuff yet annoying at the same time trying to pick targets in it :D

Before starting on my way up I was nearly getting arc eye with the low moon on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The gameplay trailers weren't lying. This plays brilliantly. So much fun with the bow (shooting the bow in slo-mo while sliding is great) and the tripcaster is class too.

I was wary of the story and voice-acting from the trailers but have been pleasantly surprised so far. Nothing ground-breaking but it's pretty good and Aloy is a fun protagonist. I am having trouble not picturing Chloe from Life is Strange any time she speaks though.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The gameplay trailers weren't lying. This plays brilliantly. So much fun with the bow (shooting the bow in slo-mo while sliding is great) and the tripcaster is class too.

I was wary of the story and voice-acting from the trailers but have been pleasantly surprised so far. Nothing ground-breaking but it's pretty good and Aloy is a fun protagonist. I am having trouble not picturing Chloe from Life is Strange any time she speaks though.

Could be worse , Burch also did Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2 which could be tough to listen to for 40 odd hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Could be worse , Burch also did Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2 which could be tough to listen to for 40 odd hours :D

I thought Tina was hilarious in BL! Although I guess she is like marmite.

Anyway, I only zoomed out the map for the first time tonight. Holy crap, it's big.

I didn't really bother to look and so didn't realise that the different bows didn't simple have better stats and used different ammo. Went a long time without tearblast arrows :(

Annoying you need to upgrade the quiver for each different one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah tearblast arrows are the business for the bigger machines!

At lvl 20 now, just after getting to Meridian. Really enjoying it more the further I get into it. Loving trying to stealth take down bandit camps.

How hard is the game on 'very hard'? I'm playing on hard and finding it a bit easy, lure + silent strike makes dealing with herds or groups of bandits far too simple but trying to avoid that now.

Advertisement