Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I only ventured into that area for the first time last night, level 22 or so. Tough b*stards alright, especially when the Snapmaws and bird-things are both lobbing freeze bombs.

That being said, I don't think it's really that big a leap in difficulty. If you got to level 20 in the first area chances are you've already faced multiple sawtooths and bellowbacks.

Best advice I found from last night, keep varying your weapons. Use precision arrows to take out some of their longer range attacks, then tearblast arrows to remove armour, then lob them with fire arrows. When they're being burnt by the fire arrows, get closer, throw down a few blast wires near them. Rinse and repeat.

If you don't have some of those weapons or haven't used them a lot, go back to the first area and start collecting resources/shards and practice with them a bit.

Anyway, I took down my first Stormbird last night. What a beast of a thing.

yea it's not even that theres lots of enemies I don't mind that it's just that they hit from every direction with the birds in the sky it's a bit too much IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

By level 12 should I be using better arrows than the initial normal and fire arrows. Im at a point where taking down 2 sawtooths at once is nigh impossible.

Yeah normal arrows are for shooting the following ONLY:-

TURKEY
    RABBIT
    FOX
    RACOON

Get to a merchant and get all the good bows, if you have not good the stuff make a jobs list for what you need.

Lads dont forget that if you freeze a machine you do double the damage!!! Really handy especially with the FREEZE bombs from the sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Can someone tell me how you go about unlocking overrides? I have some already, I thought it should be intuitive enough, not for me it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can someone tell me how you go about unlocking overrides? I have some already, I thought it should be intuitive enough, not for me it seems.

You need to do Horizons Cauldrons (Dungeons). There are four, and clearing each one grants more Override options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

You need to do Horizons Cauldrons (Dungeons). There are four, and clearing each one grants more Override options

Cool, are these marked on the map or must they unlocked/discovered?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Think the first one appears after talking to Nil? I have it marked, but am nowhere near it yet. Just wandering around doing collectables and side missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They're on the map but not sure if you have to do the Tallneck first before they appear on the map.

Penn wrote: »
    They're on the map but not sure if you have to do the Tallneck first before they appear on the map.

Yeah if you get near them or use a tallneck to reveal the whole section of map you'll see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really don't like the platforming in this. There's either one very specific path of yellow ropes and rocks to climb or you can Skyrim your way up a mountain just spamming jumps.

• Advertisement

You Tube is your friend for all the hidden Cauldrons, but I find the overides uselss I prefer killing then overiding. And If I need a lift its only the 1st overide you need. I just hit level 50 and have all the weapons bar the hunting lodge ones and all the unlocks for skills.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Striders to get around? I prefer just running through the world.

I just walk everywhere, I found riding (take yer minds out the gutters :pac: ) the striders not that great tbh.

I just walk everywhere, I found riding (take yer minds out the gutters :pac: ) the striders not that great tbh.

Plus you likely need heals and wood for arrows. So getting on and off is a pain. Also buying the epic sleeping bag (cant recall it's name but it's loot colour is purple and looks like a sleeping bag) you can fast travel without cost.

Yeah the fast travel pass is a must, but you can only get it off certain merchants and its hidden at the bottom of one of their menus.

At the start of the game you really need to walk everywhere but later on you are collecting so much stuff you cant get rid of it quick enough. I have upgraded all carrying pouches so I am constantly at the max of all stuff I need....I have not collected wood or stuff since like 20 lvls ago. I dont even collect the health anymore!!!

Weaver armor and upgraded spear FTW.

And if you do get a tad low just buy the stuff with all the shards you have.

had to wack it down to easy it's much more enjoyable again now for me thank God cause I really like the world and how it plays

I never really play games on the highest difficulty as usually it just means mass floods of brain dead enemies nothing else. But this I really dont find hard at all on the highest settings, once you know how to kill each machine and you will pretty quickly then you just need to keep moving. But most if not all can be killed with the fire bomb sling and the tripcaster to tie them down.

Even the Thunderjaw when you remove the machine guns either side of the mouth and the 2 disc launchers (boxes at the top of the back either side) is very easy to kill and that is just 4 well placed terablast arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I never really play games on the highest difficulty as usually it just means mass floods of brain dead enemies nothing else. But this I really dont find hard at all on the highest settings, once you know how to kill each machine and you will pretty quickly then you just need to keep moving. But most if not all can be killed with the fire bomb sling and the tripcaster to tie them down.

Even the Thunderjaw when you remove the machine guns either side of the mouth and the 2 disc launchers (boxes at the top of the back either side) is very easy to kill and that is just 4 well placed terablast arrows.

I took on my first Thunderjaw today, was not a fun experience :pac: I was about 6 levels below its level and I think I burned through most of my inventory on it, and I thought the rockbreaker I beat before it was a bastard...

I've no blaze left no wire left. Used all my trip bombs that I could craft, heavy tripcaster ropes, potions etc... Took me about 5 minutes to kill him after slowly stripping his armour and weapon elements... it was an experience that's for sure...

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Don't forget you can save arrows and use their own disc launcher on them :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

biggebruv wrote: »
    had to wack it down to easy it's much more enjoyable again now for me thank God cause I really like the world and how it plays

Ya was finding it hard while trying to get to meridian .

Don't forget you can save arrows and use their own disc launcher on them :pac:

Yes of course but you need to lure them away from the area it dropped or you get hammered trying to retrieve it and if you do not have the heavyweight skill unlocked you move incredible slow with any removed weapons.

• Advertisement

Think the got the collectibles right in this. Right amount, shown on the map once you buy them and you at least get something in return for them. Also they went to teh trouble of somewhat scripting a reason for collecting the different items with the merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Completed main story quest. Only one thing to say
    F#ck Ted Faro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im not very far in but this game is quite the challenge at normal mode. Been stuck fighting a belly blaster yoke the past 2 days and i just cant do it... I suck. maybe easy mode is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I put about four hours in earlier and I'm loving it. Just left Mother's Heart after the Proving. Some of the conversations are a bit jarring but I'm getting over that.

What skills should i be putting my points into?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I put about four hours in earlier and I'm loving it. Just left Mother's Heart after the Proving. Some of the conversations are a bit jarring but I'm getting over that.

What skills should i be putting my points into?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Does anyone know if it's possible to hide the quest text that appears top left?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to hide the quest text that appears top left?

Dynamic HUD in the settings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Dynamic HUD in the settings.

Cheers, didn't notice the setting. Chose Custom and turned off quest tracker. Sorted.

coming up to the end now at the point of no return eeekkkk!!!

without major spoilers is there only 1 ending and does anything like side missions affect the ending? before I do start it tomorrow??

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    coming up to the end now at the point of no return eeekkkk!!!

without major spoilers is there only 1 ending and does anything like side missions affect the ending? before I do start it tomorrow??

I think finishing the game will put you back before the point of no return. I'm not done but I know there are no missable trophies so I'm 99% certain you can ' mop up ' after completing the game.

Advertisement