Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Got this game on Monday after work and I've already put 40 hours in, it has me wrecked every day and up until all hours at night. I can't remember the last game I was this addicted to

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Level 26 not finding it too difficult on normal. Died twice. Alcohol related. Fell off a mountain and went for a killing blow on a machine when I should have backed off and traded. A watcher killed me. The only machine to kill me so far is a watcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm really enjoying the story a lot more than I thought I would. Still working my way slowly through it as I'm doing a lot of side missions, but the characters are great and the lore is really interesting.

And as I've been doing a load of side missions, I seem to be a good few levels above what the main missions require, but they're still very challenging. I can see why people are having some difficulty and dropping down to easy. Doubt I'd stand a chance if I was just a few levels above what was required.

Yeah , I'm the same. Someone posted about a crazy jump in difficulty a few pages back but I was 4-5 levels higher than the poster when I got to that point and had no major issue.

Yeah, I think the last story mission I did was Level 18 or 20, but I was Level 32 starting it. Still difficult and I'm still going for stealth and trying to be patient, but nothing too hard to handle if sh*t goes sideways.

Then again, I don't think it matters what level you are when you're chasing a fox for its skin and run right into a group of Rockbreakers or Stalkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have the last main story mission primed for tonite, I am level 50 doing it lol.

I still have tons of other stuff to do after this so happy days when the main bit is done.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have the last main story mission primed for tonite, I am level 50 doing it lol.

I still have tons of other stuff to do after this so happy days when the main bit is done.

I hit 50 ages ago and I'm only after getting to the
    Zero Dawn
    facility. Sill have a few sides left but I've done all the trials and collectibles.

I'm really enjoying the main story locations, they are usually a lot different to the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ah its too hard, these technosaurs are tough. I might have to pop this down to easy :(

Anyone else have the audio glitch and drop out for the Traitors Bounty quest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Ah its too hard, these technosaurs are tough. I might have to pop this down to easy :(
    I would advise against dropping down the difficulty, as you progress and get better weapons/skills the game gets dramatically easier. The start is the hardest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Done and dusted with main story, says I am only 78% complete aswell so off I go and do the rest of the stuff. Brilliant game one of the best I have ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

It should be a crime to make a game look this good on a console. Absolutely one of the best looking games I've ever played. I can't stop pausing the game every so often to take screenshots - it's immense.

Loving it. I'm currently taking my time with the game and just collecting a few of the collectables - going through the cauldrons at the as well. I'm about 27% complete.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you upgrade your pouch so you gather more resources?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can you upgrade your pouch so you gather more resources?

Yep, the first thing I did. Go to crafting tab and select pouches.

fell off another mountain last night, mountains need to be nerfed.

Spent a lot of time foraging. I'd run out of wood for arrows. I appear to be running with three bows which can't be an optimal set up. Time for a rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Level 15 and still not reached first cauldron yet. Can take down sawtooths relativleybeasily using sling with freeze and shock and tear and fire arrows. Just left mothers crown with a load of side missions under my arm. What does reaching the vantage points shown in the map give you??
    And how do you get down into those caves early on in the map beside mothers rise.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Level 15 and still not reached first cauldron yet. Can take down sawtooths relativleybeasily using sling with freeze and shock and tear and fire arrows. Just left mothers crown with a load of side missions under my arm. What does reaching the vantage points shown in the map give you??
    And how do you get down into those caves early on in the map beside mothers rise.

I fell into it and survived but there are ledges you can drop down as that's how I climbed up.

Still have some difficulty with sawtooths. They're no hassle but battles tend to be prolonged as I can never seem to hit the canister underneath them.

Not sure about the vantage points, there are several traders in Meridian (?) where you can exchange stuff for and I haven't talked to them all. I'm just ticking them off as I find them.

Done the first cauldron. Mini boss battle at the end was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

eggy81 wrote: »
    What does reaching the vantage points shown in the map give you??

It plays a little holotape showing a view of what was there before, monuments/buildings/landmarks etc

Just a little collectible adding to the backstory

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Spent a lot of time foraging. I'd run out of wood for arrows. I appear to be running with three bows which can't be an optimal set up. Time for a rethink.

I haven't even bought the third bow (War Bow) yet. I run with Blast Wires (Up), Hunter and Sharpshot Bows (Left & Right) and switch Down between slings and ropecasters as needed. Haven't needed to collect wood in ages. Main thing I run low on is Blaze.

Aye my last gaming session over the weekend involved beers. Tend to make poor decisions when drinking. 3 bows, ran out of wood and spent all my shards on stupid outfits ( I had 4,000+ now I have 211).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I haven't seen any bears :confused:

Ya might want to get them eyes tested dude. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya might want to get them eyes tested dude. :D

I haven't had my coffee yet :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

All these sneaky post deletions. Making it very hard to be an internet trollololol
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Very much enjoying it myself, level 25 or so and I've just reached Meridian so I'm taking my time running side quests and running collectables (which I don't normally bother with but at least these usually have a challenge involved). The production quality is top notch, excellent visuals and audio (excepting the occasional dodgy voice acting) and very few glitches. The story is intriguing enough for something that has kinda been done to death in the SciFi novel world and it's pretty well told ingame and progressed at a good pace. The combat though is what makes it shine for me, needing to formulate tactics for each specific enemy with the larger types usually requiring multiple weapon choices for efficient take downs , not just upgrading your primary weapon and charging in firing until they're dead.I like a game that requires, and rewards, tactical mastery, they're pretty rare.

If I had one complaint it would be the climbing mechanics. It looks like they had originally planned them to be the usual platform puzzles but decided late in the game to effectively automate them, you just point and click (or push) now with no risk. It'd be nice to have the option to turn that off and have them actually be challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Jaysus, choosing the right armour and modifying it correctly makes some difference. Bought the freeze resistant armour and put on rare freeze & ranged attack modifications. I pop that on when I am taking on Glinthawks or snapmaws, the freeze bombs they throw at you now do a tiny bit of damage. Switch out for my stealth armour when I am travelling across the map.

Got platinum last night, really enjoyed this start to finish.

Was there mention of DLC etc for this ?

Speaking of complaints my only gripe was the crouch button. Now mapped this to R3, which I much prefer. Makes the concentration perk a little finicky to activate but I'm much happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked this up last night, spent 6 hours on it and only just finished the Proving, and got the ability to control the bots. Had to go to bed as it was 4am and i'd work today, but i am hooked. So far, it's been amazing, and i can't wait to take on the bigger enemies.

Question though, for the Sawtooths, is it possible to slide under the fecker and shoot the weak point? I tried a few times, with the slow time while aiming during a slide, upgraded to make it slower, but i keep getting hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've been listening to the soundtrack all day on Spotify at work, it's great in game but absolutely breathtaking on it's own. 4 disks worth (bit of a misnomer since it's digital only at the moment from the looks of it), with an amazing amount of diversity. I just got to the Songs to the Sun pieces and you'd swear it was Anuna at their best. If you remotely like soundtracks get it. Now I can only hope they do a CD/lossless release (probably no hope for 24bit but I can dream :) ).

Seriously, do your ears a favour, get it.

• Advertisement

Question though, for the Sawtooths, is it possible to slide under the fecker and shoot the weak point? I tried a few times, with the slow time while aiming during a slide, upgraded to make it slower, but i keep getting hit!

I think it's possible when they're jumping over you (though tricky as f*ck I imagine), but I think that skill is more aimed at some of the larger machines later in the game. At the stage you're at, better trying to take out any of their long-range components and keeping your distance. You might be able to get a shot off at their underside from the side.

Advertisement