Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I tried to do the first one early on. Was rage inducing. Left it until I had better gear and will go back to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Iis level 50 the level cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Iis level 50 the level cap?

Probably. I think it's the highest trophy associated with levels and after that there'd be no more skill points needed to buy skills, plus you could end up with way too much health.

So I'm not sure for definite, but it makes sense that it would be pending any future DLC.

Yeah caps at 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is there DLC expected? The game ties up pretty well. The last few cutscenes point more to sequel. I'll probably buy it if there is but I don't see it as necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is there DLC expected? The game ties up pretty well. The last few cutscenes point more to sequel. I'll probably buy it if there is but I don't see it as necessary.

Haven't heard of any DLC. TLOU tied things up pretty nicely, they swore the Joel and Ellie story was done and yet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Haven't heard of any DLC. TLOU tied things up pretty nicely, they swore the Joel and Ellie story was done and yet.......

Exactly..........

2.6m copies sold in under 3 weeks. Hugely impressive for a brand new IP. Well deserved too, one of the best games I've played in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah I am I just wondering around now crying for some more levels, just doing mundane stuff now like collection all the figures and metal flowers etc. Everything else is done and dusted....

Turns out they are working on DLC

http://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-studio-teases-story-dlc-were-already-hard-at-work-on-an-expansion/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw
    The confirmation comes from Guerrilla's managing director Hermen Hulst who, as part of a statment on the game's success, says "this is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

"Expansion to the story" certainly sounds more like DLC than just talking about a sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Penn wrote: »
    Turns out they are working on DLC

http://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-studio-teases-story-dlc-were-already-hard-at-work-on-an-expansion/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw

"Expansion to the story" certainly sounds more like DLC than just talking about a sequel.

Awww great news !

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I am I just wondering around now crying for some more levels, just doing mundane stuff now like collection all the figures and metal flowers etc. Everything else is done and dusted....

Well you also have the important business of earning a shiny new platinum trophy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Where's the cheapest place to pick this up atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

weiland79 wrote: »

Amazon have it for just under €60 including delivery. It's €60 on the PSN. €65 in Smyths and €58 in Argos. Gamestop had it for €75 during the week, allowing them to maintain their rip-off merchant status.

I generally don't buy digital games on consoles, but I figured the PSN option was the better one.

Edit: while GS are probably the worst bricks and mortar store to purchase games, they are planning on selling ME: Andromeda for €70, which probably isn't a terrible price. Someone had given me a €50 GS voucher, so hopefully it's been well spent.

If you buy psn credit from press start it works out at about 50, that what I paid for it.

https://www.press-start.com/en/search/?type%5B%5D=ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anywhere in Dublin selling the steelbook version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

simply games .com works out around 53 euros when convert UK price

it's great because cex gave me 52 cash trade in so I played it for noting and Sony still got a sale towards the game haha

done the same with watchdogs 2

the UK to EURO is so close atm its crazy

Finished the main story last night. Absolutely loved it. Story was far better than I thought it would be (especially considering the main character is named Aloy which sounds like "alloy" which is obviously a sign of bad writing).

Definitely going to go for the plat. Said this morning I'd play for a bit to get the armour that's locked away and 2 hours later I'm chasing down metal flowers :D

Also, it was just before the final mission last night that I realised you don't need to hold Up to refill your health. That would have saved a lot of hardship...

My main criticism though, throughout the game I never used any of the traps, antidotes or health boosts from the Down button menu thing. Maybe if they'd introduced them in side missions or something I would have, but I just never saw the need for them. Never corrupted enough to need antidote (I'm guessing it's maybe required more on harder difficulty) and using the down button to cycle through the things just felt like a pain. Maybe would have been better if they allowed you to map the d-pad buttons.

Either way, one of the best games I've played in years. Absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I switched on the PS4 yesterday morning to give this a blast for a few hours and my bloody Controller was dead. I only charged it the other day and got no more than 5 hours out of it.

Ended up being an adult instead... What a waste of a day :(

emmetkenny wrote: »

*bro hugs*

• Advertisement

I switched on the PS4 yesterday morning to give this a blast for a few hours and my bloody Controller was dead. I only charged it the other day and got no more than 5 hours out of it.

Only had my PS4 2 weeks but my only real issue with it is the battery life in the pads. I could get a full week out of an Xbox one but day and a half max from the playstation ones. Have mine charging now to test with everything turned down or off like the light on the pad, speaker and vibration.

In hours in say 8-10 for the DS4 and 30ish on the Xbox pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Only had my PS4 2 weeks but my only real issue with it is the battery life in the pads. I could get a full week out of an Xbox one but day and a half max from the playstation ones. Have mine charging now to test with everything turned down or off like the light on the pad, speaker and vibration.

In hours in say 8-10 for the DS4 and 30ish on the Xbox pad.

I'd say i got about 6 -8 hours and the pad is brand new.

In my Elite controller I'm getting 2 weeks from a offical charge kit kit (30+ hours).

How do you turn the lights and sound off?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How do you turn the lights and sound off?

Hold down the PS button and there's options on the right to adjust the controller volume. Afaik you can't turn off the light, there's an option to set it's brightness - Dim being the lowest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I've been playing a lot of lo-fi titles recently, stuff like The Binding of Isaac and Undertale, so it's been an absolute joy firing up both Horizon and Nioh over the past couple of days. I love indies but there's nothing quite like a big AAA game that's firing on all cylinders.

F*cking hell. I went to finish what I thought was the last side mission I had to do. It led me to another settlement I'd never been to and opened another 3 side missions. This game and map is just so f*cking huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Finished it today.

Brilliance.

I enjoyed every second of it, the dynamic range in simple almost comical side quests actually work to contrast with what turns out to be
    a much more tragic and inspiring story than initially hinted at
    . Very confident story telling.

I've mentioned it earlier but the soundtrack again deserves recognition not just for the base quality but the variance and attention to detail for what ingame seems the smallest detail. I called out some of the Song to the Sun pieces a few days ago, having listened to the album out of game, and am now even more impressed as ingame I remember running past a building in meridian and realising one of them was playing....as an easily missed and obscured part of the background in the market. For such beautiful pieces to essentially be background was not an insult but a testimony to the standards to which every facet of this game was held.

Without influence of the actual current contender this series (and it's very obvious it will be one) is up there with Mass Effect with me for pure joy and respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Witcher 3 aside, I had grown seriously weary of open world games. Not this though, it's actually a joy to run around and explore this map. Emerging out of a small wood and seeing the first Tallneck in the distance was definitely a "Woah!" moment in gaming for me.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Witcher 3 aside, I had grown seriously weary of open world games. Not this though, it's actually a joy to run around and explore this map. Emerging out of a small wood and seeing the first Tallneck in the distance was definitely a "Woah!" moment in gaming for me.

It definitely can be mentioned along side witcher 3 if for nothing else then being a cure for open world fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Finally played it this morning. I can't believe how beautiful it is, even on a standard PS4. It's breath taking.

• Advertisement

Platinumed. Last one I had to get was the grazer dummies. Only had two more to get, go to a new settlement I hadn't been to before, get another new side mission :D

Platinumed now anyway. Still want to play it, but going to go back to Overwatch for a while. Maybe give it another playthrough during the summer.

Cannot recommend this game enough. Fantastic throughout. Game design itself is great. Story is really great and interesting, and surprisingly deep. And one of the most beautiful games ever made. Repeatedly just had to stop and enjoy the view.

Advertisement