Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Or leave them until you're late in the game and have all the weapons and the proper armour for each trial.

Just finished it, and got Platinum on completion with very little in "grinding", and by that I mean collecting. However, the collectables had a purpose, so it wasn't too bad and there wasn't a whole lot of them. Plus, had some of my most epic battles finishing off all the side quests and errands and challenges.

60+ hours, and it's definitely contender for my GOTY, depending on what's to come yet. I love the world they've created, and the places they can go with it. Really well written imo. And the way everything ties together. Plus, loved how they tied the ending to the
    metal flowers
    Never trusted Sylans to begin with, nice if predictable set up to the sequel/DLC.
    Come to think of it, this will be the first game outside of the CoD franchise that I'm looking forward to the DLC for it.

Anyway, this is now top and centre of reasons to own a PS4, and imo, up there with one of the greatest new games ever. I've said it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had an epic fight with a thunderjaw last , ran out of fire arrows so had too use normal arrows , I eventually got the bastard :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was it ever explained why Faro
    was in the main bunker with them instead of in his luxury shelter that a datalog mentioned they were building?

Thargor wrote: »
    Was it ever explained why Faro
    was in the main bunker with them instead of in his luxury shelter that a datalog mentioned they were building?
    He wasn't in the main bunker, he was in his own bunker in Italy somewhere, that's why he remotely killed them inside the main bunker.
    Saying that, i haven't collected all the files, but have most. From what i remember, that's where he went.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Been playing this for a few days, just got made a seeker and took down a corrupted thing in the compound. Have to say I'm not loving it at all. Combat seems perfunctory and the world doesn't excite me. Should I give it a bit longer or sell/trade while the value is high?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He wasn't in the main bunker, he was in his own bunker in Italy somewhere, that's why he remotely killed them inside the main bunker.
    Saying that, i haven't collected all the files, but have most. From what i remember, that's where he went.
    Ah okay thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sweetie wrote: »
    Been playing this for a few days, just got made a seeker and took down a corrupted thing in the compound. Have to say I'm not loving it at all. Combat seems perfunctory and the world doesn't excite me. Should I give it a bit longer or sell/trade while the value is high?

Yes you should give it longer - you're really only starting the game now. I couldn't wait for that first section of the game to be over so I could be let loose proper. Wait til you get new skills and weapons and come across different creatures to take down - there's much more to the combat than hiding in tall grass + lure + critical hit (but do get Lure first, it's very handy). The combat and world are fantastic imo - so much so that I haven't bothered to go back to Zelda.

I thought the combat was one of the best things in this game. Different, fresh, and if you really wanted to use the perfect approach for every enemy, you need to use nearly all the weapons (rattler aside, barely used that, but it has great potential). It's hard to say if you'll enjoy this the more you play it. I certainly thought the game fleshed out after that part, and you don't have to follow the main story to get the full benefit of the game, everything is available to buy once you hit Meridian. I would say give it another few hours, see how you get on. But, for me, GOTY already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You're still in the very early stage of the game, with simple enemies and standard equipment. Keep pushing through for another few hours if you can, because you have reached the stage where the map is going to really start opening up with tougher enemies who require different weapons and tactics.

OK will give it the rest of the weekend, thanks guys. Nioh is a very tough game to follow!

• Advertisement

OK will give it the rest of the weekend, thanks guys. Nioh is a very tough game to follow!

Nioh is superb alright. HZD is a lot less stressful that's for sure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Buy better weapons to diversify your combats :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was just walking along last night and two behemoths jump out of nowhere,scared the ****e out of me :eek:.

Finally got my hands on the
    Shield-Wearer armour
    and
    Sylen's Lance
    . Only level 40 but feel like a boss now. :D

Finally getting some answers about the story was great. 56hrs in and still loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was worried about the story not holding my attention but while it's nothing groundbreaking, it's very intriguing. Think I'm getting close to the end now.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I was worried about the story not holding my attention but while it's nothing groundbreaking, it's very intriguing. Think I'm getting close to the end now.

Yeah a few of the last few missions I've done had a load of audio logs that really add to the background of the story. Really good they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm around level 38 but still haven't got the armour, i missed the piece in mothers heart and when I casually strolled back that way to pick it up i was
    absolutely set upon by a deathbringer, several stalkers and eclipse leaders who were all waiting around outside it. My own fault, i hadn't been paying attention to what Aloy was saying on the way there other than her saying they made their last stand and things like that. Will go at it again later

Just finished it, such a beautiful game, hope we will a sequel or dlc,
    that last boss (death bringer) is a ****! Got him with 40 seconds too go :eek:
    now too go for the platnium!

I need 5 skill points too get the all skills trophy, I'm level 48, how am I suppose too get 5 skill points when the level cap is 50 :confused:? Id still need 3 more, I have done the side stuff except for the best armor quest and hunting lodge ones , I have some errand quests left but from I can see they don't offer skill points as rewards?

I need 5 skill points too get the all skills trophy, I'm level 48, how am I suppose too get 5 skill points when the level cap is 50 :confused:? Id still need 3 more, I have done the side stuff except for the best armor quest and hunting lodge ones , I have some errand quests left but from I can see they don't offer skill points as rewards?

I was at 50 long before the end of the game and finishing all of the quests. You'll still get skill points at 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That Final Boss is a sponge. Have the Shield Weaver armour so am a bit of a sponge myself. Used all my sticky bombs and all my materials crafting sticky bombs and he still was at 25% health. It was at this point I fell off the mountain while being chased by one of those scorpion-tailed things and I needed a break.

Did you get the trophy for all allies helping you in the final battle? It was only after I finished the story that I ended up finding two locations I hadn't been to (as you don't go to them as part of the story) and got more side missions from there. Maybe those side missions have the other skill points to bring you to Level 50.

Either that or the hunting lodge and errands will probably bump you up in XP enough to get a few skill points there too.

yeah so it was worth persisting with this. I've completed the side quests for Erend/Avad, Olin's family and the Tallnecks but not bothering with most. Main questwise I'm currently in the vault under Sunfall. I still think there's something off about the combat but the world is interesting enough to make me want to finish it.

yeah so it was worth persisting with this. I've completed the side quests for Erend/Avad, Olin's family and the Tallnecks but not bothering with most. Main questwise I'm currently in the vault under Sunfall. I still think there's something off about the combat but the world is interesting enough to make me want to finish it.

Some of the toughest types of enemies are still ahead of you, as well as upgraded weapons with different types of ammo. Glad to hear you were happy persisting with it though.

I've just finished this, stunning graphics and a very interesting world. Combat could have been better though. Got the platinum in one play through too.

Just realised I'm at the (2nd) last level and I still need 3 power cells for the suit. How'd I miss those, I've been pretty good at exploring all paths! I somehow managed to avoid fighting a Stormbird on the way to the mountain. My climbing skills excelled!

Just realised I'm at the (2nd) last level and I still need 3 power cells for the suit. How'd I miss those, I've been pretty good at exploring all paths! I somehow managed to avoid fighting a Stormbird on the way to the mountain. My climbing skills excelled!

The last three come relatively late in the game and two of them are pretty obscure. I was using youtube and still got lost looking for one. You can still get them afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I finally decided to go to Meridian (i think that's what it's called) over the weekend.

Should i be fighting loads of flying fecks on the way? I think I've went the wrong way to be honest because i couldnt even damage them and had to leg it.

I'd to fight a Rockbreaker in a Quarry as well. Only problem is i still had a basic bow and only normal and fire arrows :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I finally decided to go to Meridian (i think that's what it's called) over the weekend.

Should i be fighting loads of flying fecks on the way? I think I've went the wrong way to be honest because i couldnt even damage them and had to leg it.

I'd to fight a Rockbreaker in a Quarry as well. Only problem is i still had a basic bow and only normal and fire arrows :pac:

Get to Meridian and get yourself better weapons. No way I would have gone up against that Rockbreaker beforehand, although you can snipe him from the settlement above the quarry. It would probably take an hour to kill it with your bog standard bow.
    Meridian is down somewhere in the bottom left of the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Get to Meridian and get yourself better weapons. No way I would have gone up against that Rockbreaker beforehand, although you can snipe him from the settlement above the quarry. It would probably take an hour to kill it with your bog standard bow.
    Meridian is down somewhere in the bottom left of the map.

I'm following a quest marker but ran from the right side of the map through a desert. I walked up through the quarry and saw an green exclamation mark so did that.

It took about 20 minutes to kill him and an awful lot of trip mines.

Advertisement