Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes I do. Thank god. Got out of it now and building supplies etc to go back at it later.

I was level 30+ doing the snapmaw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Is 45 a good deal for this? Interested in what I've seen so far of it What would ye compare it to?

I guess it's some sort of cross between Tomb Raider, Far Cry and Mass Effect. There's about 50 hours of gameplay for your €45. That's excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is 45 a good deal for this? Interested in what I've seen so far of it What would ye compare it to?

Your 1st Thunderjaw fight is worth the €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Paleblood wrote: »
    I guess it's some sort of cross between Tomb Raider, Far Cry and Mass Effect. There's about 50 hours of gameplay for your €45. That's excellent value.

It is nothing like Mass Effect.

Very like Far Cry Primal meets the new Tomb Raider though.

I bought it, but am in the minority that think it's an average game that got all the hype because they say it looks amazing (I have it on a PS4 PRO + SUHD TV) and it's not the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I will go back to it eventually after I finish the other games in my list that I feel deserve more attention. (Yakuza 0, Person 5, Bloodborne, RE7)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aloy can get all instagram-y with the new update...

C_Ulpq-XYAQS886.jpg

C_UltnjXcAANqIq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope the poses are as adorkable as the ones in zelda!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There are a lot of poses, 15 or so.

Only a few facial expressions though and none are smiling, which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Just grabbed the Shield-Weaver Armor from
    ancient armory quest
    . I must say its absolutely blowing thing,
    went on killing spree and no machine could stop me :), glad that I left some side quests for later, now I can fly through them :) The challenge was to remember which place I collected the power cell and which I did not. Had to revisit them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think the armour got nerfed in a recent patch, particularly on the harder difficulties. It was waaaay OP in any case and made the other gear redundant.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think the armour got nerfed in a recent patch, particularly on the harder difficulties. It was waaaay OP in any case and made the other gear redundant.

I only got it after installing latest (yesterday) patch, so I'm not sure how powerful it was before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Any more word on DLC for this?

GodlessM wrote: »
    Any more word on DLC for this?

Out if curiosity what are you expecting in the DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Blackjack and Hookers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

A new area would be nice with a continuation of the story with yer man from Oz/the wire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Blackjack and Hookers?

Screw the whole thing

sweetie wrote: »
    A new area would be nice with a continuation of the story with yer man from Oz/the wire!

I imagine that will continue in the next game.

Dunno, last I heard was just that GG said that they were working on one after seeing how much the game took off. I honestly didn't see much DLC potential in the game as it was so complete as it was, but if they are going to be making one anyway, I will definitely be eager for more. It was the only game I felt was worth buying this year so far after all (even if June will change that).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dunno, last I heard was just that GG said that they were working on one after seeing how much the game took off. I honestly didn't see much DLC potential in the game as it was so complete as it was, but if they are going to be making one anyway, I will definitely be eager for more. It was the only game I felt was worth buying this year so far after all (even if June will change that).

-Nier Automata
    -Yakuza 0
    -Breath of the Wild
    -Person 5
    -Nioh
    -Resident Evil 7

I think you're really limiting yourself if that's your opinion.
    The above games are all 9/10 at least !!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    -Nier Automata
    -Yakuza 0
    -Breath of the Wild
    -Person 5
    -Nioh
    -Resident Evil 7

I think you're really limiting yourself if that's your opinion.
    The above games are all 9/10 at least !!

Maybe they're not his Genre? Or doesn't own a Wii U/Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I have to admit I haven't played any of those games. Don't particularly have any urge to either.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Just because they are considered great games doesn't mean I would like them, and I don't own a Switch. Nier is the only of those I have considered. Not a fan of horror games, mafia/cop style games, or anime games really. As for Nioh, I imagine it is great, but I have never liked the 'try again x1000' experience of the Souls series, without that I could have enjoyed it.

Exactly. Just because they are considered great games doesn't mean I would like them, and I don't own a Switch. Nier is the only of those I have considered. Not a fan of horror games, mafia/cop style games, or anime games really. As for Nioh, I imagine it is great, but I have never liked the 'try again x1000' experience of the Souls series, without that I could have enjoyed it.

Had a similar discussion over on the YLYL thread. Games (Genres) and humour are all subjective. A game may receive glowing reviews from across the industry/media/playerbase. It is all MEANINGLESS if the game genre does nothing for you. Like you, I've no real interest in Persona 5 / Yakuza and don't own or intend to get a WiiU or Switch for BotW, so those games getting 10's and whatnot, while objectively are great games, or not a MUST BUY for me and a lot of people.

My sig gives a clue to MY must buy game (and have pre-ordered 2). Destiny is by far not a must buy game for a hell of a lot of people. Doesn't mean they are selling themselves short for believing such.

And here I'm, just finished it, I'm going definitely miss it. Great game overall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Denisoftus wrote: »
    And here I'm, just finished it, I'm going definitely miss it. Great game overall.

It really is, would love some kind of DLC.

It really is, would love some kind of DLC.
    Sylens definitely gave us a hope just before the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally finished this after taking some time off from it. Open world games really aren't my thing, last one I played before this was Fallout 4. I often found myself reading ahead in the subtitles and skipping through dialogue during conversations, felt there's a bit too much talking and it's never made interesting on screen, just two characters standing lifeless and staring at each other. My only other real problem with the gameplay is the climbing, it just felt really half-baked, either don't include climbing at all or do it Assassin's Creed style where you can climb nearly everything, having specific rock faces and walls you can climb and then making it so you can't climb an 8ft wall is just a bit dumb.

In saying that I really loved this game, it has the single best combat system of any open world game I've ever played. I've never enjoyed fighting enemies so much. Every machine was it's own puzzle and miniature boss battle, I loved going from initially being terrified of a machine, to analysing it and finding out how to bring it down piece by piece. Fighting human enemies was extremely dull by comparison though.

Despite the dialogue being a bit heavy the story itself was really great, there were certain moments in the game in which I was just desperate for more information, although I'm still a bit annoyed by
    The Proving. I know it's just a plot device but the build-up and excitement surrounding it just seem ridiculous when all it is is a 5 minute race :P

Overall I loved the game, it felt a little long and I ended up ignoring side quests near the end just to finish the game (I haven't even got all of the Tallnecks done). I'm not the type to go back now and complete the side quests, once I finish the main story in a game like this it's pretty much dead to me, though with this one I can see myself maybe coming back just to fight a few machines some time. I'll definitely be picking up whatever story DLC releases for it anyway.

Oh, and I absolutely love the photo mode :D

FR63iS6.jpg

Question for those who have finished the game:
    Do you come back to finish the quests and would you do the final battle again? I understand that creators dropped us back prior the final battle so it makes sense, otherwise they had to make all the robots friendly, eliminating most of the quests. Do you like this kind of ending?

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Question for those who have finished the game:
    Do you come back to finish the quests and would you do the final battle again? I understand that creators dropped us back prior the final battle so it makes sense, otherwise they had to make all the robots friendly, eliminating most of the quests. Do you like this kind of ending?

That waypoint annoys me everytime I log on to mess around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I actually started a new game. I messed up the All the allies thing and wasn't sure I could fix it in the original save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I actually started a new game. I messed up the All the allies thing and wasn't sure I could fix it in the original save.

You can. I didn't get that trophy first time either because it turned out there were some side missions in settlements I hadn't been to and characters there are part of the requirement for that trophy. However, because the game puts you back to before the final mission, you can do those side missions, then start the final mission again (don't even think you have to finish it but I did anyway). That'll unlock the trophy.

Advertisement