Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think where I screwed up was after the final bandit camp. The guy who helps you was outside and I talked to him and he challenged me to a duel. I declined but once you chat to him I think that banjaxes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think where I screwed up was after the final bandit camp. The guy who helps you was outside and I talked to him and he challenged me to a duel. I declined but once you chat to him I think that banjaxes you.

No, I did the same thing and it was fine.

Again, I missed some small settlements that you don't travel to as part of the story. I only found them when I was collecting metal flowers I think. The trophy just means doing the final mission once you've completed all the side missions, but it's likely you haven't done all the side missions.

The two settlements I missed were Sunstone Rock (the prison) and Brightmarket (and it was a mission in Sunstone Rock that led me to Brightmarket). Sunstone Rock in particular is along the West edge of the map, so it's easy to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Just finished there, 100% completion, all trophies!
    Superb game, second only to zelda in what I've played in recent..... Years!
    Really looking forward to dlc!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For anyone who is playing this on a normal PS4 and not a Pro with a 4K TV, can you use the HDR function like with Final Fantasy 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Xenji wrote: »
    For anyone who is playing this on a normal PS4 and not a Pro with a 4K TV, can you use the HDR function like with Final Fantasy 15?

Yes! And its glorious. TLOU Remastered has HDR also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Doge wrote: »

Awesome, it's a great price now and with the new DLC announced I shall be pulling the trigger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Should get this finished in the next day or two with 100% completion. Quite an easy platinum when all is said and done.

What a game though, thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Nothing ground breaking but everything plays so fluid and tight.

Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Doge wrote: »

Slightly off topic, but I didn't realise I could utilise HDR on the launch PS4. I changed all the settings but I keep getting your tv doesn't support HDR, even though I have a 4K tv with "Deep Color" (LG's name for HDR). Using HDMI 10 bit port on tv, only thing I can think of is the cable, but if I'm not mistaken all cables are the same, it's the receiving connectors that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Denisoftus wrote: »

All that colour replaced with just white snow. It's going to look so much worse.... on my TV. I see what they are doing. It's going to look incredible on HDR tvs! I can see the Base game and the dlc being rolled out as a benchmark for HDR TVS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im glad she said she wanted answers from the mountain because I really wouldnt be interested in a DLC version of the hunters lodge trials, hopefully it advances the plot a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Only picked this up at the weekend. About 16 hours in now, prob one of the best games ive played in 2017.

This and Wildlands have been outstanding this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do rocks do damage? Because I'm imagining some poor soul doing a rock only run-through.

Horizon Zero Dawn Is Now A Major Sony Franchise With Years Of Content Planned

Totally deserving, hope they mature the world a bit though, make it a bit more gritty even though I hate that word, some of the actors and voice overs were annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thargor wrote: »
    Horizon Zero Dawn Is Now A Major Sony Franchise With Years Of Content Planned

Totally deserving, hope they mature the world a bit though, make it a bit more gritty even though I hate that word, some of the actors and voice overs were annoying.

Omg amazing news!

Got it with my PS4 back in March with that good deal in Argos at the time, it's a rare pleasure these days to go into AAA game having seen nothing or heard little about other than the name really as I wasn't following PS titles and then having your socks knocked off. Better still when a game like this should just add to my open world fatigue it did the opposite and cured me of it until it was over :D

No we just have to hope they don't to a Ubisoft on it and ruin it with yearly releases that get progressively worse.

Finished it last night with 98.25% completion. I think it's safe to say I got the most out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

weiland79 wrote: »
    Finished it last night with 98.25% completion. I think it's safe to say I got the most out of it.

No you didn't, that would be 100%!

How could anyone turn it off at 98.25%???

• Advertisement

What do you mean? That I'm not bring truthful?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

weiland79 wrote: »
    What do you mean? That I'm not bring truthful?

No, to get the most out of the game you'd have to play to 100%

Also, ruddy 'ell man, why would you possibly stop at 98.25%? You sick b*stard!

Well I platinumed it and I'd be lying if I didn't say it bugged me somewhat, but it was late so I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I cleared it on the hardest difficulty about a week after release if that, had all the best gear and all that but there is just no replay value in it and I dont want to start another game for the sake of it. I really do love the game and cant wait for DLC or the next instalment.

But I have no interest in going for a platinum trophy, I must see what percentage I am at.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I cleared it on the hardest difficulty about a week after release if that, had all the best gear and all that but there is just no replay value in it and I dont want to start another game for the sake of it. I really do love the game and cant wait for DLC or the next instalment.

But I have no interest in going for a platinum trophy, I must see what percentage I am at.

I've platinumed it, and I'd say I'll probably start a new game and play through it again just before the DLC comes out and then continue straight into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Very tempted to get this game. Is it good? :)

39.99 on PS Store

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I completed it on Sunday and absolutely loved it.

There are definitely flaws which I might get to at some stage but overall, the core game is fantastic. The combat is just so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Penn wrote: »
    I've platinumed it, and I'd say I'll probably start a new game and play through it again just before the DLC comes out and then continue straight into it.

What I did not like was getting all the very good stuff so close to the end of the game. Should of been able to access the good stuff (armour cloak, upgraded staff etc) earlier on especially as I was playing it on the highest difficulty.

Shame the games doesnt have weekly missions or random events to keep peeps playing it.....

Love the game and I am trying to get the little fella to play it more but he is too young for it, spends his limited time playing alienation lol.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What I did not like was getting all the very good stuff so close to the end of the game. Should of been able to access the good stuff (armour cloak, upgraded staff etc) earlier on especially as I was playing it on the highest difficulty.

Shame the games doesnt have weekly missions or random events to keep peeps playing it.....

Love the game and I am trying to get the little fella to play it more but he is too young for it, spends his limited time playing alienation lol.

I think it would have been too easy then, especially the armour, as it absorbs a hell of a lot of damage. Maybe for higher difficulties they could have had some of the armour, weapons & mods available from merchants have better stats or something.

Plus, the staff and even the power cells for the armour are tied in to the story, so couldn't really have gotten them earlier anyway.

Advertisement