Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I had one or two issues with it.

The jumping in it is problematic at times. You can jump to just about anywhere but it doesn't always lead you somewhere, if you know what i mean and also.
    I thought the Hades fight was a bit of a let down,It wasn't really any different to the deathbringer fight
    Apart from that not much to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

weiland79 wrote: »
    I had one or two issues with it.

The jumping in it is problematic at times. You can jump to just about anywhere but it doesn't always lead you somewhere, if you know what i mean and also.
    I thought the Hades fight was a bit of a let down,It wasn't really any different to the deathbringer fight
    Apart from that not much to complain about.

I'd say in the future entries to the series, the boss fights will be more specific and not just copy/paste with harder enemies. I know people don't like them, but a QTE finish for bosses would work really well in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://i.imgur.com/56wsScQ.gifv

Stolen from reddit. Don't know how to do that embed thing.

comments are quite funny.
    - "doesn't look complicated"
    - in relation to what (building) an actual cyborg dinosaur?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    56wsScQ.gif

Stolen from reddit. Don't know how to do that embed thing.

comments are quite funny.
    - "doesn't look complicated"
    - in relation to what (building) an actual cyborg dinosaur?

There ya go. For some reason the gifv wouldn't work, so apologies to anyone affected by this. One like = one prayer, so long as you type Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Anyone get an email "Get your reward for Platinuming Horizon Zero Dawn" with a code, I thought it was a bit weird because I haven't finished yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone get an email "Get your reward for Platinuming Horizon Zero Dawn" with a code, I thought it was a bit weird because I haven't finished yet

Yeah, with none available written under the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I got the code......

and i dont even own the game :)

The theme is quite nice, using it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I got the platinum and didn't get a theme or avatar. Do I have to register for something?

J. Marston wrote: »
    I got the platinum and didn't get a theme or avatar. Do I have to register for something?

Think you just have to be opted in for communications from them in the account settings

• Advertisement

Got my mail but haven't been home to try it yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I got an email today telling me to claim my reward for platinuming (is this even a word?) this game. I've never played this in my life! I've never even got a platinum trophy so confused.

Edit to add. I see I'm not alone. Was bit concerned as heard of weird things happening on PSN like people adding credit to others cards to get games so was wondering if someone might be using my email without my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Not sure of I'm missing something with this game but I really couldn't get into it at all. Finding the stealth hit and miss and melee is really poor. The world is beautiful but feels lifeless or something, the story is really slow and side quests are nearly all boring fetch quests. I'll give it another try but I started Bloodborne last week and haven't touched it ever since.

Does the gameplay pick up further into it? I'm still fairly early in the game I think

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not sure of I'm missing something with this game but I really couldn't get into it at all. Finding the stealth hit and miss and melee is really poor. The world is beautiful but feels lifeless or something, the story is really slow and side quests are nearly all boring fetch quests. I'll give it another try but I started Bloodborne last week and haven't touched it ever since.

Does the gameplay pick up further into it? I'm still fairly early in the game I think

Depends where in the game you are tbh. It gets more challenging when you start getting to where there are larger and more dangerous machines, like Snapmaws, Behemoths and Stalkers. Plus when you get to Meridian and start picking up more quests with different characters it starts to fill out the world more.

As for melee, melee is more for finishing enemies off or knocking them over when they're already weakened. The combat is more focused on using arrows and traps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I havent left the first area yet for a few reasons, I decided to finish off a few other games I had started and I just love stalking around in the grass hunting the robots :pac:
    Ive put around 12 hours into doing this :o.........so far
    Im loving it could easily see myself matching The Witcher in hours

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kinda felt the same to be honest, although it probably didn't help that I went in Horizon straight after playing Breath of the Wild and every other open world game is going to look pale in comparison to that.

I got up to Meridian and just kind of lost interest to be honest, felt it was too heavily reliant on stealth mechanics that were pretty week. Hide in the grass, whistle, stealth-kill, rinse and repeat. I'll go back to it one day, but it never really grabbed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Started bloodborne.... Despised it, not sure why, camera and general feel I think, whereas I thought this was up there with one of the best I've played in years, surpassed greatly by BOTW, but nothing else, recently, in my opinion has come even remotely close to being a classic as this!

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Started bloodborne.... Despised it, not sure why, camera and general feel I think, whereas I thought this was up there with one of the best I've played in years, surpassed greatly by BOTW, but nothing else, recently, in my opinion has come even remotely close to being a classic as this!

You dont think the Witcher is up with this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hide in the grass, whistle, stealth-kill, rinse and repeat.

Try that on a Thunderjaw...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Witcher was/is excellent but it's fighting system could have been improved......in my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Whoa whoa whoa people back up a bit. A few weeks ago someone said they got an email for getting the Platinum trophy on the game. Is this true?

Whoa whoa whoa people back up a bit. A few weeks ago someone said they got an email for getting the Platinum trophy on the game. Is this true?

I got one when I got platinum for a theme.

Yup, got one too, but the one that comes with the game is better than the one for getting the Platinum, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I got an email for getting Platinum but have never played the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New patch includes NG+, ultra hard mode, face paint, customise Focus and you can now buy an extra upgrade slot for weapons and outfits.

Cool update, has me considering another playthrough before the Frozen Wilds is released.

Really hate difficulty trophies

irishman86 wrote: »
    Really hate difficulty trophies

I'm pretty sure i played through on Normal difficulty and got the Platinum...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah platinum was not linked to difficulty
    I never got it but think that's because I didn't do the training dummies. Got high ninety something percent completed. I'll be doing a new play through soon

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah platinum was not linked to difficulty
    I never got it but think that's because I didn't do the training dummies. Got high ninety something percent completed. I'll be doing a new play through soon

I think that it has changed and you have to do the NG+. I got the platinum in it and now my progress is now at 95%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nevelator wrote: »
    I think that it has changed and you have to do the NG+. I got the platinum in it and now my progress is now at 95%.

New trophies always reduce the percentage to get to 100% but I think you only still need the original trophies to get the platinum. (Edit: Yeah, just saw a reddit post by Guerilla Games saying the new trophies don't count towards the platinum)

Advertisement