Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Corrupted Thunderjaw. This is gonna take a while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gimmick wrote: »
    Corrupted Thunderjaw. This is gonna take a while :(

Tearblast arrows are your friend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I'm pretty sure i played through on Normal difficulty and got the Platinum...

Youre right, but 100% looks better :(

Tearblast arrows are your friend!

They sure were. Took a while but got there. Shocked that was just a side mission though. Was knackered after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just finished the game a few moments ago and got the Platinum Trophy. I very rarely go after trophies but this game is so good I didn't mind putting in a little extra work. I think this is probably the best single player game of this generation.

Apart from one hunting trial I can't think of a single thing that annoyed me or frustrated me. Everything else was just a joy to play. If I had infinite time I probably wouldn't have even bothered with fast travel as the world is that good. Obviously the game is gorgeous and it gets plenty of attention for that but I think it is the story that stands out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

so agree Josey
    story got a hammering on launch, boring character, bs story,buuuh
    I loved it several times tears in eyes
    C'mon alloy

As an introduction game, which this is, it's one of the best ever made. The issues that some people are having will more than likely be ironed out with the second (and historically the best entry).

As a new IP, it's simply amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got this at launch, made it just outside the gate of the first area on the map so very early in the game. I traded it for Mass Effect :( but now thinking of getting it again. So after a lot of ye have cleared it and it received updates with extra features, worth a go again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I got this at launch, made it just outside the gate of the first area on the map so very early in the game. I traded it for Mass Effect :( but now thinking of getting it again. So after a lot of ye have cleared it and it received updates with extra features, worth a go again?

Did the same myself funnily enough, I got given a few side quests after leaving the gated part, tried a few of them and was finding them pretty boring. Got stuck in some dungeon where I had to kill loads of enemies then a big one with a fire attack would just insta-kill me. Tried it about 7 or 8 times, got sick of it and traded it in

Watching videos the visuals look amazing later on so I'd like to give it another go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

...worth a go again?

I finished it having completed most of the important side missions, but not 100%-ing the game. It's not often I'd play New Game + and I won't be with HZD.

Like you it took me a while to get into the game. Initially I finished the Nora area and put the game down for a few weeks. I liked the game from the start; the visuals were stunning, the gameplay was fun, and difficulty-wise it was tough. The story I could take or leave. Something just didn't hook me, and the DLC for FFXV along with Overwatch took my attention.

Went back to HZD around a month ago after hearing so many positive reviews. After finishing it, I can see why everyone is enamoured. At a point the story develops and becomes much more interesting; new characters are involved which bring a new direction to the story. New enemies change up battles and stop them from getting stale (towards the end of my play through I found the combat had gotten repetitive, but that's standard after playing 20 odd hours) and a combination of different types of enemy keep battles challenging.

I wouldn't agree with some who think it's one of the best games of this generation; it probably won't even be my game of the year. HZD was great fun and I'm glad I went back to it. Looking forward to the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love say yes, I love the story and the world and the side missions were fun and combat was a joy.

Picked it up again after trading in some games with cex. Gamestop were charging 75 euro for a 2nd hand copy, absolute madness.

Looking forward to giving it a lash again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Picked it up again after trading in some games with cex. Gamestop were charging 75 euro for a 2nd hand copy, absolute madness.

Looking forward to giving it a lash again.

You won't regret it ;)

Just spotted and climbed my first Tall neck. Majestic!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

After hearing so much about Horizon, i thought id watch the start of the game on utube, 2 days later ive watched the main story through. really liked the story to this one, would be one of the few games that id buy a ps4 just to play. It's a real pain its not on pc, really want to play this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Any top tips for a first playthrough? I don't fancy reading all the pages here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I keep telling everyone. First perk silent strike, second perk lure, everything else will fall into place. Have fun.

I'm doing a second run at the moment replay value isn't great tbh. Noticed I'm tackling the skill tree completely differently. First run was told to spec into one of the top tier perks that let you swap weapon/gear mods - trinket?. Anyway turned out I didn't really use it. Much better off getting the early double arrows and upgrading your melee.

It took since April but I finally finished this tonight. Absolutely superb game. One of the best I've played.

Gonna need a break now as I can't see myself getting into anything for a while after it.

gimmick wrote: »
    Gonna need a break now as I can't see myself getting into anything for a while after it.

I had that issue, nothing was satisfying after it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I had that issue, nothing was satisfying after it...

I put diesel in the PS3 this morning and dusted off Red Dead to quench the open world thirst.

• Advertisement

I put diesel in the PS3 this morning and dusted off Red Dead to quench the open world thirst.

Currently restarted Dying Light (The Following Enhanced Edition, ie: everything, is €20 on PSN at the mo!). I loved it the first time, and that was in 2015 when it came out, and i never played any of the DLC, so hopefully that'll keep my itch until the next Horizon or Witcher! Still baffles me though that there's no HD Remaster of RDR!

I think I've given up on Horizon, felt I was just forcing my way through the game, nice to look at it but the gameplay didn't do anything for me. Like above, I picked up Dying Light again in the sale and it has me completely hooked all over again, every minute I spend playing it is enjoyment, quite the opposite of Horizon, for me.

Currently restarted Dying Light (The Following Enhanced Edition, ie: everything, is €20 on PSN at the mo!). I loved it the first time, and that was in 2015 when it came out, and i never played any of the DLC, so hopefully that'll keep my itch until the next Horizon or Witcher! Still baffles me though that there's no HD Remaster of RDR!

I was expecting it to be announced along with RDR 2.

Each to their own and all that, but maybe it's just not the right time to play it. I got the same with the first Dragon Age. Took me 3 attempts over 2 years to finally "get" it. And i loved it then. Maybe it's just not clicking with you now, which is why you are better off moving on for now.

Then again, not all games are for everyone!

Any word on the release date for the dlc. Store just has the ps plus money offer going till the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finished tonight. Easily one of the best games i've ever played. Solid in every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

...Still baffles me though that there's no HD Remaster of RDR!

I was expecting it to be announced along with RDR 2.

The rumour mill claims that the games original code was lost or corrupted. So it'd be too much work to create a current gen port.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just platinumed horizon great game I'll definitely check out the dlc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Any word on the release date for the dlc. Store just has the ps plus money offer going till the end of the year.

On PS Store: Released Nov 7, 2017

Advertisement