Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked this up last week and I've been enjoying since but one thing that's annoying me is the level system in the game, was doing a level 12 quest the other day when I was level 12 and I had to kill two Sawtooths that were both level 15? Just done a quest there where I had to take over a camp that was supposedly a level 15 quest (I was 17) and I had to defeat a Fire Bellowback that was level 23? Also tried taking over a bandit camp where it's telling me the enemies are only level 6 but there taking half my health bar away with 1 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Picked this up last week and I've been enjoying since but one thing that's annoying me is the level system in the game, was doing a level 12 quest the other day when I was level 12 and I had to kill two Sawtooths that were both level 15? Just done a quest there where I had to take over a camp that was supposedly a level 15 quest (I was 17) and I had to defeat a Fire Bellowback that was level 23? Also tried taking over a bandit camp where it's telling me the enemies are only level 6 but there taking half my health bar away with 1 hit.

Challenging game alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just played the game on easy so I could enjoy the game without any stress and take in the story. Really loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's not too bad. You will die although I found must of my deaths were from falling off stuff including when I jumped off a cliff just as I had the final boss dead.
    Rarely play games on Easy although I started Resident Evil 0 and Revelations 2 on Easy. Just can't cope with survival horror games and meagre resources, In saying that these games are just too easy on Easy.

Challenging game alright.

Feeling more annoying than challenging at this stage.

• Advertisement

I just played the game on easy so I could enjoy the game without any stress and take in the story. Really loved it.

I'm playing on Normal it's what I usually play on, but I'm not finding the overall game any bit difficult it's just some quests have enemies way higher the quest level it's self.

And even with that camp I'm stuck on, I died about 6 times last night beforehand I gave up it just felt impossible. Dying with two arrows hitting me.

I didn't have any issues being under levelled. In the quest manager thing you can select quests that are level appropriate. You also get bundles of XP for doing the weapons challenges that are pretty easy, quest completion XP is fairly large and I also spent a ridiculous amount of time killing robot dinosaurs that I probably didn't need to, which gave more xp.

Did find one area, where you go into the desert for the first time and was being attacked by glinthawks which wasn't pleasant but other than that and those invisible fing robots that shoot lasers nothing was too taxing.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't have any issues being under levelled. In the quest manager thing you can select quests that are level appropriate. You also get bundles of XP for doing the weapons challenges that are pretty easy, quest completion XP is fairly large and I also spent a ridiculous amount of time killing robot dinosaurs that I probably didn't need to, which gave more xp.

Did find one area, where you go into the desert for the first time and was being attacked by glinthawks which wasn't pleasant but other than that and those invisible fing robots that shoot lasers nothing was too taxing.

That's the thing though, there's been a few times now where I've had all side quests and errand completed and was 2-3 levels under for the next main mission. Happened to me with the last mission of the first area, even though the mission wasn't at all challenging it still put me off doing it for about an hour cause I was only level 9 and the quest was 12, basically after the hour of running around killing machines to try and level I just gave up and I'm pretty sure the quest was just a talking one then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't have any issues like that, but i'm the kind of person that gets distracted by shiny things, so i go off on collecting runs without meaning to, so i probably levelled up quicker than the game intended...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Just started playing this week after hearing alot of good things.

i'm finding myself struggling badly with how close in the camera is , its giving me a headache. why cant more games just implement a ****ing field of view slider, how hard can it be.

I really want to like this but ive already quit and started it about 6 times already the last 2 days.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Just started playing this week after hearing alot of good things.

i'm finding myself struggling badly with how close in the camera is , its giving me a headache. why cant more games just implement a ****ing field of view slider, how hard can it be.

I really want to like this but ive already quit and started it about 6 times already the last 2 days.

The game isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm on my second playthrough so to each their own.

The world and lore are fantastic but I'm not overly taken with the characters, the battles are epic though and that's why I'm back. Bring on the dlc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm on my second playthrough so to each their own.

The world and lore are fantastic but I'm not overly taken with the characters, the battles are epic though and that's why I'm back. Bring on the dlc.

Alloy is a brilliant Char in fairness. Well i thought so. Others I wouldnt be pushed on as they aint no claptraps. I will be going back to finish this off later. I couldnt download the 300mb patch to play it last night as my internet bombed to 100kb :(

Yeah I'd totally agree that Alloy was a brilliant character. The dude who raised her too. I'm struggling a bit on my second play-through to be honest, it's not that I'm not enjoying it but I do find it a bit choresome when playing for any length of time. I really should get the platinum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't gel with any of the characters in the game. Aloy was one of the worst offenders, I just didn't like the poorly done aping of Joss Whedon dialogue. Her smart ass side just came across as forced and felt a bit out of place. It's not terrible, but it's hardly great either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Didn't gel with any of the characters in the game. Aloy was one of the worst offenders, I just didn't like the poorly done aping of Joss Whedon dialogue. Her smart ass side just came across as forced and felt a bit out of place. It's not terrible, but it's hardly great either.

Ah man, i didnt get that at all. I think your getting grumpier in the ould age man :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Started this last week. Usually I try to plough through games as quick as possible due to a serious back log and never ending releases of games.

I'm absolutely taking my time with this though. I love the world and the lore around it.

Purposely avoiding missions and just stalking machines right now because I'm waiting on my new 4K TV to arrive so I can fully appreciate its beauty.

Very enjoyable stuff so far even though I've not really gotten into the nitty gritty of it.

Played it on a launch PS4/old tv and now playing it on a Pro and 4K TV. It still looked great on the original set-up. It looks better on the Pro/4K but not a massive leap.
    Story in this one was pretty engaging in my opinion and Alloy was great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah man, i didnt get that at all. I think your getting grumpier in the ould age man :P

Well it doesn't help that I'm not a massive Joss Whedon fan so when it's done badly it really grates on me. There's quite a lot of games trying to ape his style at the moment and Horizon isn't the worst offender but when it's done badly it's very cringe. They're just going with what the nerds like, and they love Joss Whedon! Only really Naughty Dog seem to pull it off with Uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I liked Aloy but some of her responses were curt and just didn't seem to fit, Rost was good and I enjoyed Nil but the rest didn't do much for me, Sylens was a complete pain in the hole for the most part. After originally having a strong dislike for Erend, he's sort of growing on me.

• Advertisement

ive gotten used to it, i would still much prefer to have an adjustable fov, it can be annoying at times, but bloody hell i disagree with that statment its a great game one of the best in years, id give it 10 if not for camera and im taking 3 off for that as it bugs me so so so much.

honest question here but have you enjoyed any games released after 1985?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    ive gotten used to it, i would still much prefer to have an adjustable fov, it can be annoying at times, but bloody hell i disagree with that statment its a great game one of the best in years, id give it 10 if not for camera and im taking 3 off for that as it bugs me so so so much.

I loved the first 5 or so hours but once I got out of the first area I spent about another 10 hours completing sides quests, errands, collectibles etc. And just started to get bored of it. Like, I'm not saying it's a bad game It looks and played brilliantly and I am enjoying it just not as much as I thought after all the positive reviews and thoughts from people here and other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Just started playing the game, looks pretty good but WHAT'S WITH HER HEAD????

It's HUGE! How did no-one notice this? It's really off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Didn't notice anything wrong with her head...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

started this a few days ago and loving it.

Been watching herself tackle this one over the last week or so , I played it when it came out and loved it, but she's been totally consumed by lets-see-whats-over here-itus. So much fun hearing her curse enemies when they ruin her exploring "oh not those f'n birds again" was the last I heard when I headed to make the tea there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Actually really want to play through it again but gonna hold off for the DLC. Combat is pretty basic but incredibly satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Noticed the standard game is down to €29 with the PS Plus sale, the digital deluxe edition meanwhile is on sale for €38. Is the stuff in that version worth the extra €9 or 24% extra?

• Advertisement

Noticed the standard game is down to €29 with the PS Plus sale, the digital deluxe edition meanwhile is on sale for €38. Is the stuff in that version worth the extra €9 or 24% extra?

If it includes the upcoming expansion then yes but it not just go standard.

Advertisement