Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What's inside?:
    Carja Storm Ranger Outfit PS4
    Banuk Culling Bow PS4
    Nora Keeper Pack PS4
    Banuk Traveller Pack PS4
    Carja Mighty Bow PS4
    The Art of Horizon Zero Dawn™ PS4
    Banuk Trailblazer outfit PS4
    Carja Trader Pack PS4
    Horizon Zero Dawn™ - Digital Deluxe Theme PS4
    Horizon Zero Dawn™ PlayStation 4

Thats what's listed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Noticed the standard game is down to €29 with the PS Plus sale, the digital deluxe edition meanwhile is on sale for €38. Is the stuff in that version worth the extra €9 or 24% extra?
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    If it includes the upcoming expansion then yes but it not just go standard.

Just go standard, no expansion included.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thats what's listed

Not really worth it. The outfits and weapons you get are handy, but you'll pick up better versions early enough in the game anyway so it doesn't make much difference. Certainly not for an extra €9.

Thats what's listed

Cosmetics, I wouldn't worry about it, even the weapons will have better versions obtainable in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thanks guys. €29 is a kind of sweet spot price wise for me.
    Feel like this will be one of those games I use to justify getting a PS Pro and 4K TV :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Feel like this will be one of those games I use to justify getting a PS Pro and 4K TV :pac:

It looks fantastic at 1080p on the OG 4, so can only imagine what it's like on a pro 4k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I have this set up and it look spectacular. I didn't use fast travel half as much as i usually would just to soak up the game world. Particularly at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Guerilla Games have confirmed that Frozen Wilds will be the only expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn
    https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/918526269922402306

Guerilla Games have confirmed that Frozen Wilds will be the only expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn

Is there gonna be a sequel?

I'm glad in a way, they're not milking it. Better to move on to the sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

dudeeile wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a sequel?
    They've said previously that they have plans to make Zero Dawn a major franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

expect a mother daughter reunion

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

RE the expansion - I've never bought an expansion to a game before. Loved HZD so will certainly get this. Generally do you star afresh or do you go into the game at the level you finished the main game?

bot43 wrote: »
    RE the expansion - I've never bought an expansion to a game before. Loved HZD so will certainly get this. Generally do you star afresh or do you go into the game at the level you finished the main game?

You go into the game at the level you finished (and equipment etc) in most cases. Unless there's a story reason why you lose your equipment or if it's set before the main game or something, but for this DLC she's shown in the trailer wearing the secret armour you have to unlock throughout the game, so you definitely keep all your stuff and it's set after the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

http://wccftech.com/guerrilla-talks-the-frozen-wilds-dlc/
    We focused on some quality of life improvements in the new skills and also added a little bit of a pizzazz. There are some cool new skills that add some new combat dimensions and some new ways to interact with machines.

We have both upgraded versions of weapons you’ve seen in the past and we’ve some brand new weapons which explore some different ways of fighting. We’ve been experimenting with some tweaks on the game’s systems and we think they’re a lot of fun to play with

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will the map be as big as the first game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Will the map be as big as the first game?

it's an expansion, not a sequel, no chance it will be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cina wrote: »
    it's an expansion, not a sequel, no chance it will be.

You never know they might give us a blood and wine size map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

You never know they might give us a blood and wine size map.

I don't even think the main game was a B&W size map!

it'll be more Hearts of Stone length I'd say, around 8-10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Didn't Guerilla Games say it's high likely that HZD will be a standalone game. So whats with the tweaking and experimenting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

This game is still so expensive! Is it worth getting for the story? I really like story-based single player games, which seem to be dying a death lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought the story was good with a few engaging characters but some didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This game is still so expensive! Is it worth getting for the story? I really like story-based single player games, which seem to be dying a death lately.

I paid full price for it and was well happy that I got my moneys worth. Personally found the story very good, loved the theme and the world. Some characters yay, others nay. Pleasantly surprised with the appearance of Lance Reddick (Agent Broyles / Cmdr. Zavala).
    I'll be slightly disappointed if his character does not appear in the expansion in some way.

At this satge I'd hold off until the DLC drops on the 7th Nov, you might pick up a pacakge deal.

I really enjoyed the story. It was much deeper than it appeared on the surface and went in a few different directions than I thought it would. Many of the side characters are just... there..., but a few of them are great, and Aloy herself is a fantastic character.

It's not The Last of Us or Uncharted 4 in terms of story and characters. Focus is very much on the gameplay and the environment. But the story is still intriguing, very well presented and well worth playing.

Worth every penny for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's £38.55 on Amazon, about €42.50

One of the few titles that has my PC owning self jealous of console owners along with Uncharted, Last Guardian and Zelda/Mario on Switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It was €25 on Amazon not so long ago, and think Smyths had it reduced too. Definitely due a price drop, perhaps when the DLC lands.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/04/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition-announced

I know this is for the US but you may also see similar here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They added an easy mode?

Advertisement