Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

They did, I believe there was some complaints from the community, those who just wanted the story!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

dudeeile wrote: »
    They did, I believe there was some complaints from the community, those who just wanted the story!

It makes sense, not everyone has the time to master a game. There has been some games i wish i could just knock down a few levels as i was enjoying the story

irishman86 wrote: »
    It makes sense, not everyone has the time to master a game. There has been some games i wish i could just knock down a few levels as i was enjoying the story

It's a pretty easy game in my opinion but obviously there were people struggling so ultimately it's a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Thoroughly enjoyed it, actually replaying it again now, I really liked the story especially finding out what caused the world to be the way it is, the collectibles actually help in this as well and add in a nice bit of backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, actually replaying it again now, I really liked the story especially finding out what caused the world to be the way it is, the collectibles actually help in this as well and add in a nice bit of backstory.

Have to agree.
    The inevitability of it all.
    I really do love me some post apocalyptic stuff.

• Advertisement

It's a pretty easy game in my opinion but obviously there were people struggling so ultimately it's a nice touch.

Oh i agree it was handy enough, bit annoying on the harder levels where you had to fill certain enemies with lead though

Oh i agree it was handy enough, bit annoying on the harder levels where you had to fill certain enemies with lead though

Yep that seemed to be the way, the fights became resource heavy and it was massively important to use the right tool for each job. It was a shame that the machines didn't become smarter, they did track you easier when you were trying to hide but the fights generally took the same route.

I'd really hope they could up the machine awareness and combat skills and drop in some new machines with the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I was playing towards the end of the story yesterday and thought to myself,
    The end of the old world, and the horizon zero dawn project would make a ****ing amazing big budget Hollywood blockbuster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

to be honest any movie with robotic dinosaurs had me at hello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I was playing towards the end of the story yesterday and thought to myself,
    The end of the old world, and the horizon zero dawn project would make a ****ing amazing big budget Hollywood blockbuster.

I putting an end to this right here. We all know it would be directed by Michael Bay and the game doesn't deserve that.

• Advertisement

Yep that seemed to be the way, the fights became resource heavy and it was massively important to use the right tool for each job. It was a shame that the machines didn't become smarter, they did track you easier when you were trying to hide but the fights generally took the same route.

I'd really hope they could up the machine awareness and combat skills and drop in some new machines with the dlc.

Like you i'd have preferred more intelligent machines to just using 2000 arrows for example

I putting an end to this right here. We all know it would be directed by Michael Bay and the game doesn't deserve that.

If he watched me shooting the deers that exploded when hit with a flame arrow he would defo think thats the way to make the movie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

If he watched me shooting the deers that exploded when hit with a flame arrow he would defo think thats the way to make the movie :pac:

How about a directing duo of Bay and Abrams. The screen would be nothing but fire and white light from the explosions and lens flair. :D. You'd be blind after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great news, I was hoping it would be an expansion similar Witcher 3's Heart of Stone/Blood & Wine....
    The Frozen Wilds will feature “15 hours of additional content,” and many side quests to complete after the main story is over.

Additionally, The Frozen Wilds will feature a new photo mode that allows players to pose Aloy. For example, Aloy can be made to make snow angels. Finally, there’s a new skill tree that allows players to do more while mounted. This includes the ability to perform different daaismount strikes, and being able to forage for crafting materials while mounted.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/31/horizon-zero-dawn-dlc-length-adds-15-hours-of-gameplay/#tjXICTOrlhsS8Gu5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have pre-ordered on that basis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Snow effects look good, Kotaku review sounds great:

https://kotaku.com/horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds-the-kotaku-review-1820128099

The PS4 is absolutely killing it these days, you dont even hear about the Xbox any more really.

Thargor wrote: »
    Snow effects look good, Kotaku review sounds great:

https://kotaku.com/horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds-the-kotaku-review-1820128099

The PS4 is absolutely killing it these days, you dont even hear about the Xbox any more really.

Yeah hardly any gaming related sites mentioning a new console coming out tomorrow or anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Well I should have clarified I was talking about games there which is really all that matters at this stage, hardware revisions are a bit pointless and irrelevant this late in the cycle imo. Im a pc gamer anyway but I keep on top of games in general and its about 90% PS4 coverage across the various site these days, again just my opinion. Although interestingly I did Google it to see what the new Xbone is supposed to offer and the first line of the first article I read says:
    There's a new Xbox coming out tomorrow, even if I haven't been reading about it online nearly as much as I thought I might be.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/11/06/its-the-biggest-week-for-microsofts-xbox-since-2013/#7a10706a65da

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thargor wrote: »
    Well I should have clarified I was talking about games there which is really all that matters at this stage, hardware revisions are a bit pointless and irrelevant this late in the cycle imo. Im a pc gamer anyway but I keep on top of games in general and its about 90% PS4 coverage across the various site these days, again just my opinion. Although interestingly I did Google it to see what the new Xbone is supposed to offer and the first line of the first article I read says:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/11/06/its-the-biggest-week-for-microsofts-xbox-since-2013/#7a10706a65da

In fairness, it's an updated, more powerful version of the same console. The coverage for it is never going to be like a new next-gen console.

I have to agree about the console exclusives though. Can't wait to jump back into Horizon. Just such an incredible game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How big is the download for this expansion?

How big is the download for this expansion?

Around 9 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yip 9 and a bit gbs.

First 20 mins of gameplay, not including the trek up the mountain to find it.

Adds 21 trophies , pretty much in line with the main games ones kill x of y , collect all etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've lent my copy of this to my son and I won't be getting it back for a while. I don't suppose the DLC is playable without the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Works out about €30 for the main game and expansion from US or Canada with psplus discount and 20% voucher they emailed recently

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

DLC downloaded last night, and I can see its logo, but I'm unable to start it anywhere, perhaps this is because I started bloody NG+?

Denisoftus wrote: »
    DLC downloaded last night, and I can see its logo, but I'm unable to start it anywhere, perhaps this is because I started bloody NG+?

You just need to complete Seeker at the Gates so the world opens up I think. Then you'll get the DLC quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

That I realised :( is there a way to retrieve old saves?

Advertisement