Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I refinished the last mission and nothing popped. I got put back to right before last mission. I had to find an NPC to get it to trigger.

It's up in the top right. You should see a new area with a new tall neck. Head towards that.

There are two ways to trigger it, one in the daytower in the center of the map talk to one of the guys there about his trade route.

And another as you get to the foot of the climb up you meet a NPC that triggers the DLC.

Both worked for me in different play throughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Logged on to download this, took ages to get into the store, selected icon, froze, decided to wait till it drops to €10. PSN is its own worst enemy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got a few hours in last night. Loving getting back into this world. The combat only took a brief few moments to become accustomed to again (though I'm definitely not as good at hitting Glinthawks with the ropecaster as I was).

Biggest surprise so far is the control tower and how
    its pulses can knock out the shieldweaver armour. A f*cking genius move as I was worried that having that armour would somewhat break the experience due to how powerful it is. As soon as I saw it knock out the armour, I suddenly became a lot more careful

I had hoped to replay the game before the DLC came out but didn't get the chance. I think after I've finished the DLC, I might give it a go between now and Xmas. Really want to play the main story again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh is that what the ropecaster is for? never used it

Skerries wrote: »

How the Holy Hell did you fight the big bird without it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »

Accuracy :cool:

Skerries wrote: »

Ropecaster is one of the best weapons in the game. Not just for the birds (pin them down and critical strike them), but even larger enemies like the Thunderjaw. Pin them down with a few ropes and buy yourself time to set up multiple traps with the Tripcaster right in front of them. Or once you knock a Thunderjaw's weapon off, pin them down with the ropecaster to get time to pick up the Thunderjaw's weapon and mow it down.

Takes a good few ropes for larger enemies, but so long as you don't attack them while they're pinned down, you can buy yourself a lot of time or take one enemy out of the fight for a bit so you can fight off another.

asked Mr Snuffleupagus for help

actually yeah the Bird was a right pain in the arse, I think I just kept shooting his engines and hiding a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I found glinthawks harder that the bloody stormbirds

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I found glinthawks harder that the bloody stormbirds

Fire arrows with the x3 perk. Burn baby burn

• Advertisement

Fought my first Frostclaw last night. Those f*ckers are fast & furious, with a lot of health. Finally managed to take it down.

A while later I was hiding in some bushes on the side of a hill looking at some scrappers and longlegs when I thought "Those machines sound awfully loud". Swung the camera around and saw another Frostclaw right behind me. I near shat myself in panic until it turned and wandered off :D

Bushes in HZD are the most op bushes I've ever encountered in gaming. Complete invisibility cloak.

Bushes in HZD are the most op bushes I've ever encountered in gaming. Complete invisibility cloak.

It's a good thing Aloy has red hair. Blends in with the bushes nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

DLC is harder for sure, made me scout around some areas rather then confront some big b..rds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really like the new animations for the talking head dialogue scenes.

One criticism of the main game was that they could be a bit stiff and inexpressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

J. Marston wrote: »
    Really like the new animations for the talking head dialogue scenes.

One criticism of the main game was that they could be a bit stiff and inexpressive.

I've given this about 5 hours game play so far and it is more challenging and visually better, stunning actually, the new weapons are nice, the new machines are tougher to take down than outside the "Cut"
    The story-line is nice and slick, the only thing that irks me is the cut scenes and the multitude of questions, hit "X, X X" next challenge please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've lent my copy of this to my son and I won't be getting it back for a while. I don't suppose the DLC is playable without the disc?

If you played it originally off the disc, you'll need the disc to play the dlc to authenticate the copy.

Gonna wait a while to get this, Origins taking up my time right now and I want to play through it again now I have the pro. Looking forward to it!

If you played it originally off the disc, you'll need the disc to play the dlc to authenticate the copy.

Gonna wait a while to get this, Origins taking up my time right now and I want to play through it again now I have the pro. Looking forward to it!

Yeah I'm the same. Have a second playthrough on around 20%, would I be better off getting the dlc and starting a new game afresh? I do want to play through from scratch on the pro anyway.
    I did think a patch from a few months ago increased the difficulty but maybe it was only because it nerfed that armour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Penn wrote: »
    It's a good thing Aloy has red hair. Blends in with the bushes nicely.

Bushes ☺

Started a game of this and I'm 15 hours in whilst its good it hasn't quite got a hold of me the way witcher 3 did . The story behind the machines has me intrigued though. I don't think rost is dead either. No body not dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

i only completed it last week, but like a dope started new game plus overriding completed game save file, so whereabouts do i go to start dlc

its a new area above the Gravehoard at the top right of the map

i only completed it last week, but like a dope started new game plus overriding completed game save file, so whereabouts do i go to start dlc

Your probably way under levelled for the DLC so you'll probably have to finish it again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pretty sure when you quick save at bonfires, your save is uploaded to PS cloud storage so check that and you might find an end-game save you had.

My PS4 had a fault months ago and I lost all my saves but I got my end-game Horizon save back that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You have to accept the mission from one of 3 sources to start the new DLC.

Yariki: North of the Grave Hoard is where you can find her. This is just south of The Cut, the new DLC area.

Rhavid: Southeast of Meridian along the border of the forest and the city.

Ohtur: At Daytower, the fort between the mountains and the desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Started a game of this and I'm 15 hours in whilst its good it hasn't quite got a hold of me the way witcher 3 did . The story behind the machines has me intrigued though. I don't think rost is dead either. No body not dead

If you're judging other games based off The Witcher 3 then you're probably gonna be disappointed by all of them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Can you buy the entire game on disc?

Can you buy the entire game on disc?

Yes, they released (or maybe shortly will be releasing) the Complete Edition that comes with the DLC on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Thanks Penn.

• Advertisement

are there more dlc planned or can I delete it again?

Advertisement