Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Spent basically all day playing this, absolutely loving it. Didn't really get the hang of the combat yesterday but got it down now. Just hit lvl 21 and only really starting the main storyline. The side quests are just too good to ignore

Once you explore enough of the map getting the unlimited fast travel is vital from the merchants!

Picked it up earlier on along with a shiny new PS4 and extra controller thanks to the thread in Bargain Alerts.

All I've done is watch the intro and play go though the 1st bit after that. It's absolutely stunning and I'm only on 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think its pretty excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are any of the early side quests missable?

Are any of the early side quests missable?

The one to get the Girl's spear back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The one to get the Girl's spear back?

No I did that and getting the food for Gretta but is there any other ones beside them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Have Ye bothered collecting the gear to buy all the stuff from the first merchant or is it worth your while.
    Awesome game.

No I did that and getting the food for Gretta but is there any other ones beside them?

The one with the woman with the missing brother?

The one with the woman with the missing brother?

Ya I missed that one, damn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well looks like devs have been taking notice of Witcher 3. Both this and Zelda have wind! It just adds so much to the environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does she say "Wind's howling..." every 10 minutes like Geralt?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does she say "Wind's howling..." every 10 minutes like Geralt?

Lol I'd say she's actually even more annoying with her stream of statements of the obvious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well looks like devs have been taking notice of Witcher 3.

Looks like the Witcher devs have been taking notice of this as well. Damn it, this game wasn't on my radar but mad to play it now with all the raving user reviews.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/837316575925514241

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That festival sure does go on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

By the sounds of it, this seems to be a real hit. Personally try to avoid getting caught up in review scores and such, but from the comments here alone, sounds like it's worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Pumped 7 hours into this last night. Really really enjoyable. Barely even scratched the surface of the main campaign. Great fun taking down the machines and exploring the landscape. Visuals are stunning even on bog ps4.

Never played witcher3 but will be picking it up once finished this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Witcher 3 is great and all, people to seem to give it's controls a pass when they are clearly horse ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If I had an XB1 only I would be SERIOUSLY PISSED not being able to play this. Its one of the best games I have ever played, the sounds alone are truely stunning I play it with the headset only and its amazing. And the dynamic HUD as was said adds to the realism, just cant help myself killing EVERYTHING I see even when I dont need to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If I had an XB1 only I would be SERIOUSLY PISSED not being able to play this. Its one of the best games I have ever played, the sounds alone are truely stunning I play it with the headset only and its amazing. And the dynamic HUD as was said adds to the realism, just cant help myself killing EVERYTHING I see even when I dont need to!

A bit Jealous alright. Game looks class, but by the sound of it you'd want a 4K tv to fully enjoy the experience so I'm gonna wait till the Scorpio comes out.Buy a 4K for that and then pick up the pro after Christmas for this and the Last of Us 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A bit Jealous alright. Game looks class, but by the sound of it you'd want a 4K tv to fully enjoy the experience so I'm gonna wait till the Scorpio comes out.Buy a 4K for that and then pick up the pro after Christmas for this and the Last of Us 2.

To be honest I'd rate the HDR as more important than the 4K. The colours in the game are what really make it look so amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Its waiting for me at home in the post box..this day has dragged so far..

Do the little green ! marks for side quests only appear on the map when you get with in a certain range or something :confused:

That festival sure does go on a bit.

Its a festival man, there would be rivers of blood if "GLASTONBURY" was over in an hour!!!

:pac::pac:

Do the little green ! marks for side quests only appear on the map when you get with in a certain range or something :confused:

Most items are like that, you need to be a certain distance. But if you are in the area you do get audio cues like someone calling or shouting a name etc.

Man alive what is up with the Cauldrons.....HOLY NOT SKILLED ENOUGH BATMAAN!!!!

Game just keeps surprising me......

I am playing it on a 42" Pioneer Plasma at 1280 res and its STUNNING. I can see for the life of me how it can look better on a Pro and 4K TV but if it is I will be even more impressed.

Only thing that I find hard with the game at the minute is all the different weapons and ammo it can be quite overpowering which one to use and changing them constantly, I have upgraded to Purple bows and they now do 3 different arrows so its getting better but I still find myself fluffing around trying to get the best arrow etc.

Like others I was caught up with side quests and only now progressed the main story and did the proving after that the story goes into 5th gear doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Game is so damn pretty. Think it's probably the best graphics and facial animation I've seen in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Don't trust that Nil fellow one bit.

Don't trust that Nil fellow one bit.

For me old habits die hard come just this week to PS4 and loving achievements from xbox checked the platinum requirements and there is a missable achievement / trophy tied to him
    Don't talk him unless you have to and then choose the heart option and do not dual or kill him
    other wise you are into a new game.

• Advertisement

For me old habits die hard come just this week to PS4 and loving achievements from xbox checked the platinum requirements and there is a missable achievement / trophy tied to him
    Don't talk him unless you have to and then choose the heart option and do not dual or kill him
    other wise you are into a new game.

Is that late in the game? Or when you just meet him ?

Advertisement