Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text messages keep disappearing on my new iPhone?

• 18-06-2015 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi there,

I got an upgrade of a new iPhone 6 today but I got a new sim/number. Had a few texts on it before I plugged it into iTunes and now that that I've synced it all the texts have vanished.

I had set up my email account as well and that has reverted back to set-up now too.

Anyone know whats going on? I synced with my current iTunes account which has always been set to manual sync.

I don't want to plug it in again next week and have all my texts wiped again, nothing like that ever happened with my last iPhone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hi there,

I got an upgrade of a new iPhone 6 today but I got a new sim/number. Had a few texts on it before I plugged it into iTunes and now that that I've synced it all the texts have vanished.

I had set up my email account as well and that has reverted back to set-up now too.

Anyone know whats going on? I synced with my current iTunes account which has always been set to manual sync.

I don't want to plug it in again next week and have all my texts wiped again, nothing like that ever happened with my last iPhone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Not sure what you're saying, on an new iPhone you had some texts, then you synced with a new number? And can you clarify what you mean about emails? What is "set up now"? Has the phone has been reset and wiped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Hi,

Sorry to clarify, I got a new iPhone with a new number. I text a few people whose numbers I knew by heart. Got a few replies etc. I set up my email account on the phone.

Went home a couple of hours later and plugged the iPhone into iTunes to transfer my contacts, photos, music etc that I had backed up from my old phone. When I plugged it out the texts I had sent up until then we're all gone. I had a blank message screen and when I went into emails I had to set it up all over again. But the contacts, photos etc had all transferred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It probably restored from a backup. You shouldn't need to plug it in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah that makes sense. What you did was setup the new iPhone fresh and started using it making calls or texts etc.

When you connected your new iPhone to iTunes it synced the device and put all your old data and settings on the phone replacing anything you've done up to that point.

That's fine and everything should work the same from now on, you basically overwrote anything new you'd done on the phone.

Advertisement