Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbour's dog

• 18-06-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a neighbour next door with a dog. I get on pretty well with the neighbours, but I'm a pretty passive guy. They have this dog a few years, and in all those years - I've yet to see their dog walked. The poor fella is always crying, and it breaks my heart to hear him suffer. He's stuck out a small back garden pretty much all day. I throw him the occasional treat and talk to him to try keep him company sometimes. But I don't know what to do.

I walk my own fella 2 or 3 times a day, and I'd feel bad if I walked him any less than that.

How do I approach this situation? I kinda suffer with a little social anxiety, so I don't want there to be in a confrontational situation.

They do feed the dog well, and bring him into the house at night for an hour or two. But at the same time, the dog needs to be walked.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Offer to bring their dog too? Don't mention the negligence just say your dog would fancy the company. And then just hope they get on with each other. If they are decent people they will let you

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

bmwguy wrote: »
    Offer to bring their dog too? Don't mention the negligence just say your dog would fancy the company. And then just hope they get on with each other. If they are decent people they will let you

I actually tried this before, but they started fighting. My dog is only a small fella, and they have a really large dog. The pull from their dog is also really overwhelming. I'm a pretty small guy myself. I'd be worried about keeping it under control if it had any sort of conflict with other dogs. There's a few people who walk their dogs with no leads up in my housing estate.

Advertisement