Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat hiding under the bed all day.

• 18-06-2015 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

My cat had a skirmish with the neighbours cat this morning around 9am and now won't come out from under the bed. It only lasted a few seconds before I chased the neighbours cat away so there was no time to inflict any injuries.

Initially she seemed to be unaffected much but after coming home from some shopping I found her mood had changed a lot. I was so concerned that she was in shock that I brought her to the vet at 3pm and she gave her an injection for shock effects but things have not improved much since. The vet confirmed that there were no physical injuries.

Has anyone else experienced this? Its not the first time she has had a run in with the neighbours cat and previously she was only affected for a short time and never to the extent she is now? She has eaten or drank nothing all day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

My cat once got spooked by magpies and stayed up a tree for a day and a night, she came down eventually and, after much cuddling, got over it.
    Since vet has already looked at her I'd say keep a eye on her and leave her be, likely she'll come round by morning.

Prickly creatures these felines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Thanks for the feedback - she only came out from under the bed 30 minutes ago and seems to be getting back to herself again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

One of ours gets very badly psychologically affect by such matters. She will hide under things for a long time. She is quite an anxious cat generally. The other one would front up to a rottweiller and be none the worse for it! Curious little critters.

Advertisement