Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Rolled out dodgy firmware on their Horizon boxes?

• 18-06-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭

Arrived home yesterday to an inconsolable family <joke> as the Horizon box had gone on the blink. Internet connection is fine (so all networking is fine, no problems with signal), but the Horizon box is displaying a permanent [Please Wait] on the TV. After multiple power-cycles, no change to circumstances - networking is fine, [Please Wait] on the TV. Contacted support and they sent a master reset to the box - system is back to factory default, but [Please wait] message persists and Horizon box is unusable (networking and phone still fine).

Called their support line (1908), and there's a recorded announcement about a known issue with customer's Horizon boxes stuck on the [Please wait] screen, with an instruction to send a text message to '50331' with your account number and the word 'Help' - which will trigger a reset.

So, how widespread is this issue? Anyone else have this problem? Was it resolved for you after a reset? Perhaps it only affects those users who have Horizon boxes since the original trial? Think it might be firmware related?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wittgenstein

I have the same problem, UPC have tried that reset twice now but to no avail. I'm based in Clonee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi Wittgenstein, I eventually got it sorted, by getting in contact with the UPC support team via Twitter (https://twitter.com/upcireland), so that may be your best bet. Required a couple of additional system resets. Also got a text message from UPC suggesting that the problem was 'in my area', but seems unusual, given that Phone/internet services were uninterrupted. Hope you get it sorted.

Many thanks to Krusty_Clown for the help with this issue. I got my TV back on my Horizon box by texting Help to 50331, I had to do it a couple of times and eventually got the service back when they did a master reset from their end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

No TV here either. Got the please wait last night and left it overnight. Forgot about it til this evening and of course it was outside hours so the stupid thing is siting on please wait. This is after three days without Internet/phone/TV already this week until an engineer came out and fixed a problem on the street. Bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

No TV here either. Got the please wait last night and left it overnight. Forgot about it til this evening and of course it was outside hours so the stupid thing is siting on please wait. This is after three days without Internet/phone/TV already this week until an engineer came out and fixed a problem on the street. Bah!
    Try texting your account number with the word 'help' to 50331. It may be a fully automated process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

No such luck. Tried three times to no avail. Bed it is so

Did you get a confirmation text from them telling you that they will do the reset? It took about twenty minutes for it to start. I just happened to be watching a box set through my laptop when I noticed it starting.

Advertisement