Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water damaged iphone 4

Options
  • 18-06-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi can anyone help me please.

My friend dropped his iphone 4 in the sea and dried it out in rice. He was able to get a signal with vodafone for a while but can't get one anymore.
    I took the phone apart and replaced the Mic and charging port, the ear piece speaker and the loudspeaker and antenna, the antenna is connected correctly to the logic board but still won't get a signal.
    When I turn the phone on it searches but shows no service, in the carrier options in settings it finds the different networks but when I chose Vodafone it says 'your selected cellular network is restricted. You can chose a different network in settings'.
    does anyone know what other parts of the phone affect cellular signal or have any tips on what I can try, apart from replacing the logic board I'm at a loss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 baldrick89

MemZ wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me please.

My friend dropped his iphone 4 in the sea and dried it out in rice. He was able to get a signal with vodafone for a while but can't get one anymore.
    I took the phone apart and replaced the Mic and charging port, the ear piece speaker and the loudspeaker and antenna, the antenna is connected correctly to the logic board but still won't get a signal.
    When I turn the phone on it searches but shows no service, in the carrier options in settings it finds the different networks but when I chose Vodafone it says 'your selected cellular network is restricted. You can chose a different network in settings'.
    does anyone know what other parts of the phone affect cellular signal or have any tips on what I can try, apart from replacing the logic board I'm at a loss.

did we checked that the cellular antenna cable socket on the logic board is fine. Could be be because of being dropped it has been broken and not connected to logic board properly.

The cellular antenna socket is near the battery connector.

Do check the connectivity for the socket on the logic board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MemZ

baldrick89 wrote: »
    did we checked that the cellular antenna cable socket on the logic board is fine. Could be be because of being dropped it has been broken and not connected to logic board properly.

The cellular antenna socket is near the battery connector.

Do check the connectivity for the socket on the logic board.

Hi thank you for your reply.

The cellular connection issue has been fixed, it turns out my Muppet friend didn't too up his phone in over six months and was disconnected lol...
    The issue now is the headset and speaker are not working during phone calls, they work fine for face time audio and video but there is nothing in a phone call. I have replaced both and also restored the phone with iTunes and set up as a new phone with no success. Do u or anyone have any idea what could be causing the phone to just be giving trouble with phone calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 baldrick89

MemZ wrote: »
    Hi thank you for your reply.

The cellular connection issue has been fixed, it turns out my Muppet friend didn't too up his phone in over six months and was disconnected lol...
    The issue now is the headset and speaker are not working during phone calls, they work fine for face time audio and video but there is nothing in a phone call. I have replaced both and also restored the phone with iTunes and set up as a new phone with no success. Do u or anyone have any idea what could be causing the phone to just be giving trouble with phone calls?

you can try this solution, "Settings" > "General" > "Accessibility" - Then turn on "Hearing Aid Mode" under "Hearing" apparently this disables the noise canceling microphone. It worked for my friend - Let me know if it sorts out any of your problems too!

Advertisement