Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch DVDs on a TV without cable connection

• 18-06-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

If this is in the wrong place, where should it be?

I would like to look at films and TV programmes such as 'Foyle's War'. 'Frost' and 'Lewis' on my TV from DVDs.

I am suggesting getting a cable with HDMI connections and connecting my lap-top to my TV, and getting programmes (legally) on my TV and then watching them on the TV. For my TV I have a satellite, but I am not connected to any cable company, but I have broad-band on the computer.

In the past I have borrowed DVDs from public libraries, but I have seen most on offer.

What would you suggest? Does my suggestio make sense? How would I implement it? Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Seems like hard work just to watch a DVD. Why not just buy a cheap DVD player? Either New or old, they are easy to get

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭noelfitz

I have a DVD player. I do not want to buy individual DVDs and want to watch those I download, perhaps via Netflix or Amazon.

My apologies, when I read this:
    noelfitz wrote: »
    I would like to look at films and TV programmes such as 'Foyle's War'. 'Frost' and 'Lewis' on my TV from DVDs.

I assumed you only wanted to watch DVDs.. HDMI from your laptop will work just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭noelfitz

Thanks for comments.

I will get a HDMI cable to link the TV and computer.

This leads to my next query.

What is the best (cheapest and legal) way to watch DVDs, box sets, films and TV programmes on a computer?

Netflix should work for you, depending on the TV series/movies you want. The RTE player and Channel 4 catchup services are free

• Advertisement
Advertisement