Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan no guarantor

Options
  • 18-06-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

In September I will be starting a course in NUIG. I am currently working and expect to have just over 1000 euro saved. I also expect to have part time work and receive the full student grant. However, if my grant is delayed as it was for many of my friends, once my savings run out the part time income alone will not be enough for maintenance. If I set up an account with BOI what are my chances of getting a loan to cover me until I begin to receive my grant? Getting a guarantor would not be an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning KOB33

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and your interest in opening an account with ourselves. 

To get started we would advise you to make an appointment with your local Bank of Ireland branch. An advisor will be more than happy to assist you with opening a 3rd Level Student account. 

You can also speak to a Lending Advisor within your branch who can advise if a guarantor is required and help tailor any future lending to your needs. As each application is seen on a case by case basis, we would unable to provide you with a definite decision on the outcome. 

You can book an appointment with your branch here on our website. Just to mention, NUIG have a dedicated branch for students which is located in Main ConCourse, Galway University. 

You can also find more information on our Lending options for students here.

We would like to wish you the best of luck with your further education and if we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement