Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online degree course

Options
  • 18-06-2015 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

So I'm considering doing an online degree course. I've never done an online course and was looking for some feedback on the pros and cons. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

With who? What in?

Your post is a little vague, so makes it hard for folks to give you good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Rock77 wrote: »
    So I'm considering doing an online degree course. I've never done an online course and was looking for some feedback on the pros and cons. Thanks

Pro. You can do it at home sitting on the couch in your underpants.
    Con. You're sitting at home on the couch in your underpants.

As said above, what is the degree in, and with what institute?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Pookla

The best and worst thing about them is the freedom to do what you want, when you want (until you hit a deadline).

For most of us, you're going to hit a lot of deadlines if you're not careful as there's very little pressure put on you and you need a lot of willpower. It's kind of like attending a regular brick and mortar college but always having somewhere else to be when your lectures are on so you have to make up the time yourself.

They're a great option if you have willpower.

That's just a general view. The specifics (as others have said) depend on what institution you intend on applying to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

sorry, so ive just finished year 1 of a 2 year diploma in quality management at tallaght IT. (my first third level course)
    the only place that i can go on and do a degree in QM is online through Sligo IT. Just worried about the online aspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nonie21

Hi, I did the Hdip in Computing with SligoIT last year, found it excellent.
    Wouldn't be bothered to physically attend any course again, its way to handy to do it all at home. Travel times a killer for me as I'm an hour from a city.
    Supports are excellent, go to the live lectures to ask q's, also forums for the same.
    We had deadlines like any course for assignments.
    It's up to you to keep up and watch the videos etc.... but that's the same as getting you to attend classes onsite.
    I would recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Nonie21 wrote:
    Hi, I did the Hdip in Computing with SligoIT last year, found it excellent. Wouldn't be bothered to physically attend any course again, its way to handy to do it all at home. Travel times a killer for me as I'm an hour from a city. Supports are excellent, go to the live lectures to ask q's, also forums for the same. We had deadlines like any course for assignments. It's up to you to keep up and watch the videos etc.... but that's the same as getting you to attend classes onsite. I would recommend it.

Thank u:-)

Advertisement