Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control J function not working with IE11?

Options
  • 18-06-2015 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

The control J function isn't working with IE11 on a new computer I have bought today. Can't change the location to where downloads are going. In fact I don't know where they are going. Theres nothing in C\Users\Downloads anyway.

Any help appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

B17G wrote: »
    The control J function isn't working with IE11 on a new computer I have bought today. Can't change the location to where downloads are going. In fact I don't know where they are going. Theres nothing in C\Users\Downloads anyway.

Download Firefox or Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ash1511

B17G wrote: »

You will have to click on the little settings icon just below the 'x' (close) sign on the browser (top right hand). Then click on View Downloads. It will show you where and what was downloaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Ended doing a factory reset. Control J then worked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think IE generally remembers where your last download was saved to and uses that. IE actually handles downloads the best out of all browsers I've found. When the "Save" or "Run" button appears when you click a download there is a small arrow to the right of it where you can choose Save As to pick the location and a few other options as well

Nick

Advertisement