Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the removal of the SMS texting service

Options
  • 18-06-2015 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi There, I have just read in the papers that you are removing that you are the SMS service for self monitoring alarms.Whyis this?What are the options for people  Who have eircom talktime & broadband ? I await your response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

coathanger wrote: »
    Hi There, I have just read in the papers that you are removing that you are the SMS service for self monitoring alarms.Whyis this?What are the options for people  Who have eircom talktime & broadband ? I await your response.
    Hi coathanger

The Fixed SMS service will be withdrawn from 30th June 2015. It will not be possible to send or receive text messages via your home phone after this date. Certain security and alarm monitoring services may be impacted by this change and we would advise you to contact your alarm monitoring supplier for further information.

Having had discussions with the security industry, it is felt that the number of people who do have Fixed SMS notifications for their alarm service is very low (i.e. none of the biggest alarm companies use this functionality). In order to find out if your property alarm is dependent on a Fixed SMS service, eircom recommends that you contact your monitored alarm provider.

eircom talktime and broadband is not affected - the only thing that will change is the function of being albel to send and receive text messages on your land line.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

coathanger wrote: »
    Hi coathanger

The Fixed SMS service will be withdrawn from 30th June 2015. It will not be possible to send or receive text messages via your home phone after this date. Certain security and alarm monitoring services may be impacted by this change and we would advise you to contact your alarm monitoring supplier for further information.

Having had discussions with the security industry, it is felt that the number of people who do have Fixed SMS notifications for their alarm service is very low (i.e. none of the biggest alarm companies use this functionality). In order to find out if your property alarm is dependent on a Fixed SMS service, eircom recommends that you contact your monitored alarm provider.

eircom talktime and broadband is not affected - the only thing that will change is the function of being albel to send and receive text messages on your land line.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement