Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight at vets

• 18-06-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Just a general query someone might have some insight on. I left my dog at the vets overnight. Would there be a nurse present there all night or would the animals just be left alone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Usually they are left alone unless it's in an actual veterinary hospital with 24 hr staff. In saying that, if the animal is in serious condition the vet/nurse on call will either stay, or check in regularly in my experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

Kev M wrote: »
    Just a general query someone might have some insight on. I left my dog at the vets overnight. Would there be a nurse present there all night or would the animals just be left alone?

Unless they are in a large hospital or 24 hour centre(ucd etc)dogs are generally left alone overnight unless critical cases or needing medications at set times in the night. Most vet hospitals do not have high enough staff levels to be able to have someone on site at night as well as day.

Dogs kept overnight are usually quite poorly so once they settle in generally do just sleep in the cages overnight.

Have you a patient sleeping over tonight?

Advertisement