Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Programmes

• 19-06-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭

Do u buy match programmes when u attend games ??

I always buy them not just to get player names and numbers but to read articles etc

i dont get why people says there too expensive etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pluszap

Cannot ever understand why they are a euro more expensive in tburles for first rou d league games than other stadiums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

pluszap wrote: »
    Cannot ever understand why they are a euro more expensive in tburles for first rou d league games than other stadiums

What else would you get in life for an extra euro ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Used to as a kid. Find nowadays i have no need for them, unless it's for the AI series. Anything of note that you'll read in the "articles" at provincial games can already be found elsewhere online and i've probably read. Mostly filled with ads these days. Wonder if they sold a sheet of paper (high quality) with just the teams listed, a la gaa grounds around the country, for 50c or something how many people would choose it over the glossy programme.

Most people know the players by now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I'll always get one, more as a keepsake than anything else, the content can be mixed, often you feel short changed when the thing is full of ads, but its good to have a few articles to read in between games and at half time and so on.

For the Limerick county senior hurling final the ratio of ads to content is absolutely ridiculous, you really have to search through it for actual content. Odds are if you open it at a random you'll be faced with two pages of ads. I've been to a few Clare county finals and their programs are quite good by comparison. The 2009 final between Adare and Na Piarsaigh was the worst. Almost 80% of it was ads and it wasn't the traditional pages stapled together with the teams easily found in the middle, it was a hard spine with the pages glued in, so no middle which resulted in having to search through it for the teams.

It's not that big of a deal, at the end of the day all a person really cares about is the line ups, but you really do appreciate a program that genuine effort goes into to give the punter real value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

always good to know about when the two sides previously met back in 1954, ideally with a full match report

knowledge of random facts about players is also good, such as their favourite food, favourite TV programme etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Today's program from the Leinster hurling semi final was a quality production. Very good articles, especially one on the 1950 Leinster final, a decent quiz too. Only 3 euro as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I buy them simply because I collect them. Find they are slightly overpriced at a fiver for what you get. 3 euro is plenty for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I usually buy one. It is the only thing I'd buy inside a stadium. Any food I want, I'd bring with me. It has the obvious practical uses for identifying players and officials, recording scores and scorers, details of upcoming fixtures and always some interesting articles or background information on the games, like previous meetings. If it is a long day and there are long gaps between matches, it is one way of filling the time. I keep my All-Ireland final ones, but others eventually end up in the green bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Don't really bother myself - I'm more interested in keeping my ticket stubs. My Dad (Lord Rest Him) would have been different and we have All Ireland Final programmes in perfect knick dating back to the early All Ireland Finals of the 1970s. I do recall though my Dad asking the programme sellers around Croke Park back then if it was an official programme as I think there was a brisk trade back then in home made versions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

If anyone is interested in swapping programmes drop me a PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement