Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25 - Cork-Midleton (speed lints)

Options
  • 19-06-2015 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question, don't use the road a lot but it's incredibility badly signposted in terms of speed. I think I saw no more than 2 signs between Midleton and where the road splits for city or tunnel.

What is the speed limits? I know when you start it's 100 km/h but I swear I noticed a 120 km'h at one of the junctions. So does it change or am I seeing things?

The N25 in Co Cok is by far below the standard in Waterford and Wexfod in terms of signage and road surface etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

It's 120 from just beyond the tunnel to Carrigtwohill outbound and the same inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Heading west, from junction 4 carrigtwohill east, to a few hundred metres before the sliproad for the tunnel / dunkettle roundabout the limit is 120 kmh. Same going east, 120kmh from shortly after where tunnel / dunkettle roundabout sliproad joins the N25 / E30 until just after junction 4 carrigtwohill east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

The speed limits are perfectly signed, a big part of it is 120km/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Thanks for the help!
    xabi wrote: »
    The speed limits are perfectly signed, a big part of it is 120km/hr

If you compare other motorways/duel carriageways its poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help!

If you compare other motorways/duel carriageways its poor.

In what way is it different? The signs are there at or after the respctive junctions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

In what way is it different? The signs are there at or after the respctive junctions.

Yeah, I can't really see the issue myself.

Advertisement