Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for booking camp-sites in France

• 19-06-2015 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Not going away this year but already thinking of next year.

Someone told me to "book early" to get discounts so I have a price of €3,300 (down from an alleged €4,200) for 3 weeks in a mobile home type place in a camp-site we like the look of.

Someone else told me to "leave it until the last minute" to book and sure enough if I was to go the same 3 weeks this year then the price would be around the same.

Others have said "book direct" but that's around the same price.

We're probably going to fly but if anyone has tips for saving money on ferries (i.e. Tesco) then would be interested too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

The problem with leaving it late to book the ferry is that the cabins are all gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Would definately book the ferry as early as possible, Irish ferries will do a 10% disc before xmas i think or early 2016. If ure going to the same site for the 3 weeks then book early for the discount (eurocamp or siblu)If ure splitting the holiday then you could leave booking the site untill the last min, siblu currently offering 30% off hols up to early july and eurocamp have a last min sale as well. But if like me you want it booked and sorted in jan, then at least you can be paying it off bit by bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Thanks for those two replies - something to think about re the ferry

My wife is more keen on flying this time (we took our first ferry to Saint Nazaire last year but that's not an option any more)
    She might change her mind if this minimum price for a bottle of wine thing happens though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

frash wrote: »
    Thanks for those two replies - something to think about re the ferry

My wife is more keen on flying this time (we took our first ferry to Saint Nazaire last year but that's not an option any more)
    She might change her mind if this minimum price for a bottle of wine thing happens though! :)

from this years experience I've found that the ferry and campsites operate on a sliding scale, earlier in the summer the ferries are more expensive, but the campsites are cheaper, and this reverses as time goes on.

This is our 4th year going to a siblu park, the first year, we picked that company as we really had no benchmark to measure it from, but luckily it turned out to be an excellent experience.

Now, when we book with any of their camps, there is usually about €500 discount for being a repeat customer and €150 for staying for more than a week.

One thing to bear in mind regarding "book direct" - you'll often find that this doesnt grant you pool passes or access to certain facilities in the campsite so It'd be worth clarifying that beforehand.

Advertisement