Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't mute Visonic Low battery warnings

Options
  • 19-06-2015 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My neighbour asked me if I knew anything about alarms, and I thought this would be the best place to ask.

He has what appears to be a 4 year old Visonic alarm setup. The problem he's experiencing is that low battery warnings that appear to happen about every 18 months trigger the internal bell, and entering the alarm code doesn't seem to stop the bell.

I was surprised that it would be setup that you couldn't acknowledge low battery alarms, and mute the internal bell. Any ideas?

At the moment, he has to wait for the contractor to come out and replace batteries, and he's already said there's no way to mute the low battery warnings.

Thanks,
    LK.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It should be keypad beeps only not bells. The beeps can also be set to off or off at night. Does he have the engineer code

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Thanks KK, he could be indicating the keypad beeps. I'm guessing he doesn't have the engineer code, but I'll ask. Not sure if the contractor will give it to him either. Can the engineer code be withheld?

Also if the beeps can be set to off, is there a section in an online manual that documents that?

Thanks,
    LK.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Lets not get into the whole engineer code debate again. Everyone has a different view on that.
    The setting to disable /limit the trouble beeps is in the engineer menu.
    Why not just replace the batteries. He's going to have to do that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

LeperKing wrote: »
    I was surprised that it would be setup that you couldn't acknowledge low battery alarms, and mute the internal bell. Any ideas?

They are called trouble beeps to indicate you have an issue with the alarm system.
    These system are usually set up to beeps off at night as having them off all together people would just ignore the faults.
    On these systems fixing the errors will stop the beeps.

Advertisement